Center Channel Recommendation � Forte�s

SJR

New to the forum. I have original 87 Forte’s and am looking for a HT center speaker. Upgrading cabinet and center space limitation will exist (9” High). Yes, I've read the forum's many recommendations (1) Another Forte (2) Academy and (3) Quartet – unfortunately ALL too large for cabinet.

Is an RC-62 compatible with the original Fortes? Or what Center speaker does the forum recommend rather than find another cabinet?

• Moderators

Welcome

Your right 1 2 3, I was lucky I had room for 1.

A RC- anything is not a perfect match, BUT if you really need a center it could work.

Let me ask how far apart is the forte's ? Depending or room size, if there not really far apart no center would be needed, just set the receiver to phantom center or just turn it off depending on the receiver.

That would send the info for the center to the forte's, when listening in 2 Ch if the speakers are set up correctly it would sound like the music is from the center, same thing.

• Moderators

That would send the info for the center to the forte's, when listening in 2 Ch if the speakers are set up correctly it would sound like the music is from the center, same thing.

Nike air pas cher
nike shox pas cher

I am glad you came along when you did I had know idea where to get some new shoes, and I am sure it's safe because of how you advertise. [Y]

Welcome to the forum. Have you considered getting parts from a Heresy ll? The Heresy ll uses the exact same mid horn and tweeter horn that you have in your Forte so you will have perfect timbre match and identical dispersion. Combine with a couple of 6.5 or 8 inch mid bass drivers with an efficiency of 94 -93 db and you have the perfect centre channel. MCM have excellent prices on great drivers all you need to do is to build the box. Crossovers are available on ebay for a Heresy ll or you can build them as they are not complicated. This will give you the ultimate matching centre channel speaker for your Forte (short of another Forte). Good luck and keep up posted as to your results