RF-7II

SonicSeeker

well I only have experiance with RF-7s (orignals) and cornwalls from the speakers you mentioned. My experiance is with using those speakers in the same room, poistion and components. There is a differences, nothing too crazy unless you have a "golden ear". RF-7s are more (brighter/leaner/more accurate/cleaner) than say cornwalls. The cornwalls are more realaxed/warmer/muddy/rolled off. Noticed I used some perceived negative and some positive descriptions as it depends on your experiance, sources, room, etc as to what you prefer.

Henry sorry i have not finished my system yet but what i am using right now are 2 marantz ma-500 monoblocks in 2.0. It sounds fantastic. I eventually want to go to something else though, i just want to finish a 5.1 system. I had the opportunity to have a sunfire cinema grand signature in my system for a bit and that sounded warm and awesome! I bet that would sound so sweet with the rf-7ii, i heard it with my rc-64ii and it was jaw dropping

The things that sound good truly sound amazing, what I find the worst are some old rock stuff but not all. I played an old clapton greatest hits and a couple songs were not tolerable.I guess when the recording is good its good and with these speakers when its not its really not.

The things that sound good truly sound amazing, what I find the worst are some old rock stuff but not all. I played an old clapton greatest hits and a couple songs were not tolerable.I guess when the recording is good its good and with these speakers when its not its really not.

really good example of this is a boom box, or an old stock car radio everything sounds the same don’t matter how good or bad it is still sounds the same. With the 7s everything to me sounds different it’s a different color or sound every cd or blu ray. I’ve never heard them sound terrible though but I’m kind of picky what I watch or listen to. As good as some old bands are only a some have really good sound like a pink Floyd or something.

really good example of this is a boom box, or an old stock car radio everything sounds the same don’t matter how good or bad it is still sounds the same. With the 7s everything to me sounds different it’s a different color or sound every cd or blu ray. I’ve never heard them sound terrible though but I’m kind of picky what I watch or listen to. As good as some old bands are only a some have really good sound like a pink Floyd or something.

I agree.

Steve miller sounded awsome, supertramp incredible, floyd vantastic, rush superb, amazing with jazz, blues traveler great, styx a little harsh at times, norah jones sounds, well, I dont think she could sound much better.

Jeez JW i am sure all of use are a little jelous. Do you wish you would have gone CWiii for your two channel instead of the rf-7ii? Or maybe some Lascala ii? That macintosh gear has to be taming some of the brightness from the rf-7ii? Do you think the rf-7ii would be better in the home theater room? I am sure the cwiii and the lsii have been tamed back a bit as my 1993 lascalas were similar in brightness to my rf-7ii if not more

At that price point they are so close in price that they should have similar sound quality (different but similar). The cwiii may sound superior for most applications (going on the opinion of one person) but i prefer the look of the rf-7ii surround system for home theater. Now the LSii is a different story [6].