just wondering what kind & how much there worth.P4220002.jpg

------------------

Main's-JVC

Center-Fisher

Suround's-Fisher

DVD Player-Panasonic

Receiver-Sony

TV-Philphs 30 inch

Sub-I pretend I have a 7 foot SVS tower of power like HornEd.

In storage-

1973 Walnut Cornwalls

1980 Walnut Hersey II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

2001 Black Ash RC-3

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

2 KSW 15's

how can I make my pics smaller

------------------

Main's-JVC

Center-Fisher

Suround's-Fisher

DVD Player-Panasonic

Receiver-Sony

TV-Philphs 30 inch

In storage-

1973 Walnut Cornwalls

1980 Walnut Hersey II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

2001 Black Ash RC-3

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

2 KSW 15's

KG 3.5 or part of the KM series offered at PX's

they look rather tattered so maybe $150 the KG sold for $600 for the pair not sure what the KM ? would go for back when they where new.

I had 3.5's back in 1995 and they only a stepping stone they had the zing and punch which only klipsch offers plus I feel the cabinets and hardware were a little nicer then what's offered today but that's my opinion

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

IWILLWALK,

While reading your posting I noticed that in your equipment list you have in storage: "1980 Heresy II." I am not trying to be a nitpicker, but, although the Heresy II had the same "drop-in front" design as its predecessor (the plain ole heresy), it, instead, is easily recognized by its having the components mounted into the cabinet from the FRONT instead from INSIDE. If your heresys are actually from 1980, then they are NOT heresy II models...just heresy....you may want to re-check on WHAT you have...or...on WHEN they were manufactured...the two don't jive.

I sincerely hope I don't sound like I am being a nit-picking smart-azz, but if you are basing this on something the seller told you, then the seller was wrong.

As to your question about what kind of Klipsch those are in the pics...I also got the same pic in e-mail after asking about them...and since I have no knowledge about alot of the various models that came out after 1983, SORRY, I don't know either...LOL! Now if they were heritage series, or early KG series, or early "industrial" models I could help you...but....

HDB-I just go by what the label on the back of the speaker says & it says Hersey II inspected by whoever on someday in 1980,so there for i'm led to belive that.

Also it's pretty funny we all look on e-bay for klipsch under klipshcwm1.gif

any help for making the pics smaller?

------------------

Main's-JVC

Center-Fisher

Suround's-Fisher

DVD Player-Panasonic

Receiver-Sony

TV-Philphs 30 inch

In storage-

1973 Walnut Cornwalls

1980 Walnut Hersey II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

2001 Black Ash RC-3

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

2 KSW 15's

Now I dont know,but in 2 months when i'm back in the U.S. be sure i'm going to check and post what I find.

Thanks

Steve

------------------

Main's-JVC

Center-Fisher

Suround's-Fisher

DVD Player-Panasonic

Receiver-Sony

TV-Philphs 30 inch

In storage-

1973 Walnut Cornwalls

1980 Walnut Hersey II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

2001 Black Ash RC-3

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

2 KSW 15's

HDBR - You've shared some very interesting things about Cornwalls and other Heritage speakers. Any tidbits/anecdotes about the original KG series, since you mentioned them in your last thread? My first real (read non-department-store) speakers were KG4s, which I still have, along with a pair of KG3s. I know they aren't in the same league as the other speakers, but they WERE included in the product line brochure with them Smile.gif

Doug

------------------

My System

Well,

A for the label on the back of the Heresys having the year of manufacture written on them in 1980...NOT!!! I worked there from 1976-1983, and the serial number was encoded with the year of manufacture, but the serial number was NOT on the label, it was stamped into the top edge of the heresy. All the label told was the model designation, who inspected it(the person who did the final assembly), and who tested it...sooooo...when you get home look again, please.

dougdrake...

The KG series was just going into production when I left Klipsch...but the prototpyes of some that came out after I left were around...

Are you really SURE you want me to comment on the KG series? Let's just say that when I put one on top of a heresy and had them both on the same channel on "speaker A" and "speaker B"...and I never heard the KG...I kinda said..."nope, I don't want one"....but really...the introduction of smaller bookshelf speakers and floor standing speakers for the generation of that era's living in apartments and condos with limited floorspace demanded Klipsch come out with something to compete in the marketplace and survive...so it was a good idea....for their size they were pretty good speakers....what can I say?...even today, if I get a home theater, I will build it to take heritage models...instead of what alot of folks use....my preference, besides....what is the problem with giving up a bit of floorspace in the plan for a home theater if you plan to design and build it to start with?

by the way there is a admittedly lousy pic of one of my heresys on another thread in this forum relating to cornwalls...if yer interested

You can count on it along with a pic

------------------

Main's-JVC

Center-Fisher

Suround's-Fisher

DVD Player-Panasonic

Receiver-Sony

TV-Philphs 30 inch

In storage-

1973 Walnut Cornwalls

1980 Walnut Hersey II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

2001 Black Ash RC-3

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

2 KSW 15's

IWILWALK,

Cool!...I love the heritage from that era...can't wait to see em...and...when you take the pic, if they really are from between 76-83, and you look at the top left rear corner just below the joint...and the builder code is an "A" or an "AB" stamped into em, then I built the cabinets....I pretty much built almost all the heresy "D" styles those days and the vast majority of Cornwalls...but on occassion, whenever I ran out of room to put cabinets waiting to be sanded...I got to go build some walnut heresys or LaScalas or industrial models( I built alot of Industrial speakers, too)...It's too cool to get to see speakers I built over 20 years ago...everytime I see em, it gives me a good feelin inside.

I received a copy of that photo in my email this morning.

iwillwalk, in order to make the photo smaller you need to open it in a photo editing software and reduce the dimensions. You can probably use a program that came with Windoze...MS Paint, or the Imaging icon under start/programs/accessories.

Now if I could just find a pair of '73 vintage Walnut Cornwalls...!!

This message has been edited by edster00 on 04-24-2002 at 06:19 PM

I only said that because of iwillwalk's "in storage" speakers Smile.gif!

If I was really picky I would insist on a pair of original Cornwalls with the vertical horns...or the new old style soon to be brought back to life by our favorite former Klipsch Speaker Builder...make mine designer series please.

PS: I keep pulling my '77 Heresy's (H ML) out and see if those darn sanders left any trace of a tiny impression of the builder's initials (your's??) but I just can't find any.

This message has been edited by edster00 on 04-24-2002 at 06:51 PM

Edster00,

Thanks, man...but no tellin if I will ever get to do that or not at this point...hell, after reading these Cornwall postings (and you KNOW they are!!!!), the company may decide to come back out with Cornwalls themselves (but I doubt the earlier versions will ever be offered as an option again)...but I would hope there wouldn't be any of em made with MDF core like they are gonna be using in the new heritage revival models...I personally prefer plywood and/or lumbercore myself!!!!

HML's, huh?...well, I personally don't remember building any mahoghany heresys...and I probably never built more than 2,000 or so (maybe more) miter-jointed heresys (trust me, at over about 50-75 mitered heresy cabinets a day for a solo builder...and twice that for a team back then), it don't take alot of days to build that many over 7 years)...but, who knows, maybe I was the builder...my memory ain't perfect on everything I did a quarter century ago!!!

Those are definetly the KG 3.5s. And it looks like the regular line, NOT the cheaper KM. It sold for $600 new. Great Speakers for their size. I remember reading the review on them compared with an Infinity, KEF and some others and it ranked first according to Sound and Vision Mag. I love them.

Chris