Been a minute, and upgrade time.

Indyjeep

So It's been a while since I've been on here, and quite a few things have changed, except for my love for Klipsch Speakers. I am currently in an ordeal and am in need of help. So I recenlty replaced my old Synergy C-2 with a RC-62II center. Wow is all I have to say. Very Very Very Amazing. Also upgraded to a Klipsch RW-10d from an old custom build sub that was taking to much room...not much of a size difference but sound is different, like crisp deep. The GF is giving me permission to upgrade my towers and doesn't care of looks. Although I think the copper goodness is perfect. So here lies the delimma, I have about a $1000 limit for the pair of speakers, but have found from what I can tell a pair of RF-82II for just $200 over that. Since I have the sub and that perticular center, would I gain anything by going to anything that high or should I stick with the RF-52 or RF-62s? I will say this, I have been in love with the Reference series since my visit to Klipsch up in Northern Indy from I think 5 years ago. The room it will go in will be most likely wide open 20x30ft so large room. Right now I am primarily movies, but once I get airplay up and running it will also be my music. I will take pictures once I get them.

P.S. The center was so much bigger then the C-2 that the TV is now sitting on top of it haha.

Thanks,

Adam

Hope everybody is enjoying this amazing weather the past few days.

I agree with the above. That is a large room and the RF-82 IIs (or 82s) are what you need to find. If you are patient and watch various sites on the internet, you will be able to find a pair of RF-82 IIs for $1000.00 delivered or could likely get that price from a local retailer. If you strike out there, you could easily find some RF-82s used in excellent condition for under $600.00.

• Moderators

Here is his other ad including a pair of RS-62's. Link

If they are still available, remember he has OBO and wants them out of his living room so that means even a better bargain. Ok...bump that up to a 4 hour drive. [:P]

Well I attempted to contact him, but to no success. Also not to worried about the rear stage, just because of location of the speakers. This is where she has the pull, which I'm ok with. Always been a front stage man myself. Any who I think I am going to keep looking around for a good deal on a new in box set. Emailed a few local places to see what they have. But was just curious everybody's opinion. Will keep updated and of course provide photographic evidence of my new purchases when they are here.

Thanks for the feedback!

Also what would be the going price of a set of RF-3s? Theres a set here in Indy, but the seller wants $450 for the pair. For a speaker that old and with a new set of RF-52 or 62s I've seen for around $600 for BNIB.

I think the RF-3s generally go for around $300-400.00 depending on condition. My opinion is that the RF-52 II is going to be too small for your space. RF-62 should be your lower limit in size assuming that they are within your budget, and with the $1000.00 budget you listed above, I would be patient and find some 82s.

Good luck!

The RF62ii's are half the price your finding for the 82ii's. I never heard the 82ii's but have owned the 62ii's and I am impressed. I heard a side by side rf7ii/rf62ii comparison and I gotta say that the 62ii's will hold their own in a smaller room. If you need to really open up the volume then go bigger for sure but for the double the money I would compare the 62ii's to the 82ii's side by side first. I don't think you will leave wanting to spend the extra cash based on comparisons I read in this forum of the 62/82/63. Looks are important to me as well and having had the F-3's I can say that I like the look of the double 8 inch woofers. 10 inch woofers seem a little big to me on the 7ii's but the cabinets on them can't be beat.....happy hunting[:D]

I am pretty sure the horn size (as well as tweeter) is the same on the rf-82ii and rf-62ii, as far as the higher frequencies go i am sure they are pretty much the same. Now i have never heard the rf-62ii but i used rf-82 for a full year. I always thought they were sort of the perfect speaker; reasonably priced, were big aggresive looking speakers without being mammoths that took over the whole room and lastly the bass on the rf-82 can be flat out awesome. Either the 62 or 82 would be a good choice but i would not go smaller. I have the rf-7ii now and as you can imagine i had a perfect idea of how my rf-82 sounded and what they were capable of and the rf-7ii just blew them and me away. I am not saying this just because i have the speaker and am a fanboy, the clarity uptop and the rediculous bass was unmatchable. The rf-63 or rf-83 would be similar to the rf-7ii if you could find those but then you would have to deal with finding an original rc-64

I am pretty sure the horn size (as well as tweeter) is the same on the rf-82ii and rf-62ii, as far as the higher frequencies go i am sure they are pretty much the same. Now i have never heard the rf-62ii but i used rf-82 for a full year. I always thought they were sort of the perfect speaker; reasonably priced, were big aggresive looking speakers without being mammoths that took over the whole room and lastly the bass on the rf-82 can be flat out awesome. Either the 62 or 82 would be a good choice but i would not go smaller. I have the rf-7ii now and as you can imagine i had a perfect idea of how my rf-82 sounded and what they were capable of and the rf-7ii just blew them and me away. I am not saying this just because i have the speaker and am a fanboy, the clarity uptop and the rediculous bass was unmatchable. The rf-63 or rf-83 would be similar to the rf-7ii if you could find those but then you would have to deal with finding an original rc-64

+1

Well, I have had a few options recently with RF-25s, RF-82s, and RF-3s. The first two I told them that I was ready and waiting for them, but they just went silent and came back a few days later and said, sorry don't have them anymore. Hate Craigslist for that reason. Anyway the RF-3s are in pristine condition and they seem to have everything I want, I.E. the coppery goodness, and the continuation of the 8" woofers. The tweeter in the JBLs I have go out so easy. I'm just done with them. Got my replacement RW-10d today. First one I received, went dead in a day, so I had to wait two weeks before I could get the new one. Still not really going to worry about the rears to much, but if I can find a solid deal ona set of RS-52s or RS-62s I might just look into that. I just keep getting more more and more excited. One because as soon as we move into the new place, I can really unleash the system. The second, these damn upstairs neighbors have no common sense and decide to make loud banging noises at 9pm-2am. Most of which are there 2 year old daughter running around all through out the night. Seriously when its 10pm and you are hammering away at something, Well, lets just say the last week I'm here I will be cranking this up whenever they sleep. Two can play at this game. Haha. And I will win because I'll be leaving haha.

And on the RF-7 note. Those are my dream speakers. I will have a set, but after I work my way to them. They are by far the most beautiful speaker out there.

• 2 weeks later...

So I pulled the trigger on an awesome deal of RF-3 towers that were in pristine condition no damage done to them, perfect in other words. Picture enclosed. And so far they are phenomonal. I can't crank them up to much because of the neighbors but as soon as we move into the the new house you can bet they are going to be rocking!

Also side question, I have a local guy selling a damaged RC-7 center, he says its because of moving. The unit has a missing woofer and a slightly damaged woofer. A few scratches here and there. The xover and screw holes are good, no striping, overall looks ok besides the woofers.. My question, since it only costs $60 each to replace the woofers, do you think it would be worth it to pick it up for $100-$150 and just mess around with it? Maybe have it for another HT. Let me know.

post-15051-1381965775753_thumb.jpg