Klipsch bashing at AVS Forum

Kain

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135783

quote:

Total trash as far as speakers go. Do yoursef a favor go Diva.

quote:

I owned a whole Klipsch home theatre system at one time, including there best center channnel. It sounded horrible.

quote:

Horrible = The Klipsch had no bass response to speak of, the horn produced such high shrill overtones to everything that it not only disturbed my ears but the cats also. Sounded like someone had maxed out trebile on the preamp. Of course tone defeat was engaged at all times.
I have never heard anything sound worse than Klipsch. With the possible exception of Bose AcoustiMass system.

cwm23.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Projector: (Still deciding)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

This message has been edited by KAiN64 on 04-26-2002 at 02:13 AM

Love this response......

"Klipsch is know, basically, by the sensibility of their speakers and their Horns.

The sensibility makes them sound loud with less watts, and the Horns can bring impressive details without stressing the drivers (which leds to distortion and compression)."

Is speaker "sensibility" a good thing or bad thing?

Mike

Well I would read the whole thing before saying anything about people on that forum. Some of those people really liked the Klipsch. I just hope what Patrick C said in his review (I beleive its the second review on that page and click on his page) isn't true. He was talking about he had a klipsch opened up and he looked at how they were made inside. Hopefully he was lying, exaggerating, or Klipsch has changed their ways because that would worry me. Wait no it doesn't. I have been here for a while and haven't heard anything like he said so I beleive in Klipsch. KLIPSCH A LEGEND IN SOUND!

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.

Who cares what they think anyway? Some people feel the need to hammer away at Klipsch just for the sake of hammering. They're Diva obsessed over there so I'm not surprised that some people dismiss Klipsch and promote the Diva's.

You know what bugs me though? Isn't it true that a lot of musicians use Klipsch because of their accuracy? Isn't getting the most accurate reproduction of music the whole point of this hobby? Yet people still bash horns.

Let them listen to their muffled speakers. We'll listen to real speakers and hear music the way it was meant to be heard.

Some truth for you all and some rejects who post bull on AVS forum.

First lets not even compare B0$e to Klipsch,this is an insult to Klipsch and its founders.B0$e is plain and utter garbage and should not even be considered speakers but noise making trash cans.

Any speakers(even Rat shack)surpass B0$e in quality both sound and design.

Klipsch speakers are good quality and for the price bring alot for the dollar.

Sensitive speakers are favorable over insensitive units.Unless you own Krell FPB and up and can provide the massive wattage most speakers require to reach realistic volumes.Most in fact own cheapo recievers and third class amps so Klipsch thinking is a big plus.

Now lets talk about Diva and Hi-Vi Research. Yeah lets talk about them.

Diva is a spinoff from Hi-Vi and they build B&W Nautilus lookalikes that dont at all sound even close to the real thing.Diva rides on hype and a few good reviews from owners who dont have too much exposure to real high end.

While Diva speakers sound very god for the asked price they are in NO WAY better or even close quality to the B&W Nautilus.Dont get fooled,dont ride the hype

And about Hi-Vi,its the greatest joke since the T Rex itself. Ha

They make blatant copies of Dynaudio drivers and claim these as their own!They copy Focal designs and claim them as their own!

Here again dont get fooled.Hi-Vi speakers are in no way Dynaudio class.Again I invite the jokers at Hi-Vi to pit their best(yes best)speakers gaiants the Dynaudio Evidence Master and we'll see who is authentic fidelity and who is the copycat.

And let me tell you their sales reps start to lose bolts when you point the fact about Dynaudio copies to them.They start to spit words with no real credibility faster than a politician.

Diva and Hi-Vi are nothing that great.And their subs stink like rotten meat.

Again I challenge Hi-Vi to pit their best speakers against Dynaudio's best.I bet you they wont because if they do the real thing will outperform the copycat.

Imagine that,Dynaudio works hard to design new drivers and a copycat ME TOO wannabe copies their design! Ha pathetic

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I went and cruised through the AVS forums just to see what they are saying over there. As far as I am concerned those audio-snobs over there can blow it out of thier collective @$$es. I listened to some pretty darn high-end stuff, such as that from Martin-Logan, Sonus Faber, Vienna and such against my trusty ol' Klipsch RF-3IIs. Those RF-3IIs was giving some of that stuff that cost 3 times plus as much a damn good run for its money. I'll admit that I have never listened to any Divas, Hi-Vi, Cantons or some of that other hyped-up overpriced junk they are touting over there in the AVS forum, but I am willing to bet that my RF-3s could give it all a damn good run! I'll admit that the RF-3s won't sound as good as something like the Dynaudio Contour 3.3s that TheEars is so proud of, but they sound damn good enough for me, plus I don't have $8000 plus to spend on a pair of speakers!

Just tonight, I was listening to several tracks from the Yes Years boxed set that I bought over ten years ago while I was in college - something I have not done for a few years since what I had before just did not cut it (try listening to it on a cheap @$$ little bookshelf stereo - which was all I had in college). Those RF-3s along with my REL Storm III subwoofer just sounded incredible to me. The music just seemed so much more alive than I can recall before. I could have sat there all night and listened to it! I ended up turning it off lest somebody ******* to the cops about me playing my music too loud (it has happened before and that was just with my ProMedia v2.400s on my PC - and these houses in this neighborhood are at least a good 50 feet apart and I only had the things turned up about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way!). I am no audiophile, but I can and do recognize a good sound when I hear it!

To be honost, most of the so-called "audiophiles" that I seem to encounter only come across as "audio-snobs" to me. I am sticking with my beloved Klipsch - everybody else can go fly a kite!

Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to get it off my chest.

P.S. - TheEars, these Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800s I got on my second PC sounds better than BO$E, and they where only about $100!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - recycled)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 05-04-2002 at 01:21 AM

Steven,

"P.S. - TheEars, these Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800s I got on my second PC sounds better than BO$E, and they where only about $100!"

LOL

Like I said B0$e is plain and utter garbage.Any B0$e fanatice hates music or is just a pervert. cwm27.gif

Pervert who likes castrated and mangled sound.

Well sorry I dont use Cambridge speakers on my PC's I use Klipsch(Synergy)on one,VideoLOgic SiroccoPro on the second and Totem ROKK on my main PC.Woohoo LOL

I agree that most so called audiophiles are snobish goofballs.Most bash gear they never heard or owned.

Diva and Copycat-Vi Research are overhyped.Like I said my Dynes are more refined then any Diva.And who is Copycat-Vi anyway?They apear out of the blue and lay lunatic claims to fame.They have not proved much.They did prove to COPY Dynaudio drivers.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

TheEars says:

Like I said B0$e is plain and utter garbage.Any B0$e fanatice hates music or is just a pervert. cwm27.gif

Pervert who likes castrated and mangled sound.

Just today, to kill some time on a boring rainy saturday afternoon, I went over to Best Buy to look at some DVDs. While I was there, I was playing with some of those HT-in-a-box systems, just to see how they sounded compared to what I got here at the house (they don't even compare

cwm7.gif).

Anyway, they had one of those BOSE 3-2-1 HT systems and I wanted to hear what some music would sound like through it. They had that thing rigged up to play some canned demo with no way to try to get it to play a local radio station or even to play a CD in it. No doubt that demo was made to make this thing sound as good as it can. Despite that, I thought that Sony HT-in-a-box (HT500V or something like that) setup sitting right next to it for half the price (the BOSE system was about $1000) sounded much better, plus that Sony system came with a full complement of 5 speakers w/ subwoofer and a decent DVD player along with a somewhat decent reciever.

Also, just for kicks, I went to the BOSE website just to see what kind of products they currently have and to compare thier highest-end stuff to what I got here at home feature-wise (to bad no way to compare sound-wise). I looked at the user's guide to thier Lifestyle 50 system, which is available for download in PDF format. Talk about Form over Function!

For that $3500, you get no DTS or MPEG-2 decoding, no Dolby Prologic II, no bass management of any type (except adjusting a bass and treble dial on the "AcousticMass" (subwoofer) module), no video inputs on the "reciever" (or "multi-room interface" as they call it), thus you are limited by whatever video inputs your TV/Projector happens to have. It only has 5.1 channels (no rear center). There is also no way to setup parameters for the surround modes it does have, such as setting speaker delays, setting up a matrixed rear. The stupid thing does not even have a tone test (although it apparently comes with a test CD)! It also has only 1 digital input and 4 RCA (L/R) audio inputs and one RCA (L/R) output (for hooking up a cassette deck or whatever).

I'll admit that "Personnel Music Center" thing (basically a glorified remote) looks pretty cool, although it does not appear to be programmable such as something like the Pronto. It also seems to handle multi-room setups real nicely. They are definitly aiming for the "Sharper Image" crowd with this thing.

Still, for that same $3500 that the Lifestyle 50 costs and a little shopping around, you can get yourself a complete Klipsch Reference Series 3 5-speaker package w/ subwoofer such as that bigdog found here and a very good reciever (Denon, Yamaha, Outlaw, H/K, Onkyo, or whatever else floats your boat - listen to and play with them until you find one you like) and still have enough money left over to get a good DVD player and some DVDs (and perhaps an additional RC-3II for the rear center channel)! Those Lifestyle systems may be stylish, but I'll take the big, bulky (and great sounding) speakers and powerful amp over stylish any day!

Curious that BOSE does not seem to publish speaker response data, such as sensitivity, roll-off frequencies, wattage of amps, and such. I'd be curious to see the frequency response graph for this system. But then again, I guess the "Sharper Image" crowd doesn't care for that "useless" data.

BO$E : Better Hype Through Research

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - recycled)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 05-04-2002 at 07:12 PM