Suggest a CD/SACD player...

Schu

I want to buy a CD/SACD player in the sub 300 range. I am looking at quite playback, high resolution and a warm tone... any suggestions?

I have read some good reviews about the Onkyo C-S5VL which does it all but I have heard that it is rather clinical.

It's going ot be run throough a Pioneer SC35

If you don't mind a universal player, this Onkyo is incredible. I have owned mine for a few years and it has been a fantastic performer. Build quality is top knotch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Onkyo-DV-SP1000-DVD-and-Super-Audio-CD-SACD-Player-/130536009900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e648d70ac

I have also heard pretty good things about the Onkyo C-S5VL.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKCS5VL/Onkyo-C-S5VL-Audiophile-Grade-CD-Player/1.html

Photo is a cutaway of the Onkyo DV-SP1000.

Bill

post-26822-1381965777236_thumb.jpg

I can't recomend the Oppo BDP80. I had one and sent it back. It did a nice job on BDs but didn't impress me at all musically.

The Onkyo the willand suggested is a VERY nice player. I have a good friend who had one and sold it (not to me) to buy an Oppo BDP-95. He wishes that he had kept the Onkyo. The Oppo is very nice as it should be for $1K but the Onkyo beat it for music playback

Also look for an older Marantz "universal" player. I picked up a DV9500 a few months ago and LOVE it. I hooked it up such that I could A/B compare its internal DACs to my Emotiva XDA-1 by pressing a button. In the end I prefered the Marantz internal DACs so much that I sold the Emotiva DAC.

Good luck and happy hunting. There's a lot of really great kit out there.

P.S. I have a pair of Sony SACD players going to AudiogoN this week. A SCD-CE222ES @ $150 and a SCD-CE595 @ $75. PM me if you have any interest in either.

thanks guys... I had been trackign that onkyo 1000 already on the bay but I dont need all the universal capability. I have a PS3 already, and many of you are probably saying, why do you need a cd player then... I just want something that stands alone as a unit that the wife can operate, doesn;t cost to much, and has a warm analog sound.