UPA-2 should i?

CHASLS2

I am supposed to be getting new amps tomorrow so i will be selling my 2 marantz monoblocks. I have confedence in the performance and longevity of these and it is not too hard on the wallet either. I opened them up and inspected the capacitors (i am no technician but can tell if an cap is leaking) and they are in perfect shape (have pics). Warning though they are not for the lazy, you have to turn them on and then off manually when you are done with them (just a power button on the front). I have been using them with my rf-7ii and they sound great. They run very cool and the rf-7ii can show off some bass with these guys. I love pioneer receivers but i know the one you have does not pump out all that much power. Let me know if you are interested and i can give you price, details and pics before i list it in the GS section. By the way i got a groupon to a shipping store and spent it all on packing materials so i can pack them up safely.

• Moderators

Pretty rotten of the seller not to let you demo the amp with your setup, being that you are almost neighbors.

In all fairness to the seller, why does that make him rotten? He's chosen Craigslist as a means of advertising, not going door to door. [:P] I'm just sayin...

My experience with used amps has been great though.

I'm not an amp addict as Bill is, therefore I have ownly owned one. I bought my amp used from a forum member in April of 2010 and was hesitant on spending $750 on a 10 year old amp but it is a beast and has performed absolutely flawless for me. I hope it will provide me with another 10 years of enjoyment.

Pretty rotten of the seller not to let you demo the amp with your setup, being that you are almost neighbors.

In all fairness to the seller, why does that make him rotten? He's chosen Craigslist as a means of advertising, not going door to door. Stick out tongue I'm just sayin...

You are right, bad choice of words.[N] Just because I might do that for someone doesn't mean that another person who is not willing to do it is rotten.[:#]

I'm not an amp addict as Bill is, therefore I have ownly owned one.

In all fairness to me(Bill), my B&K's are the only amps I have ever had in my main system. The (2) Acurus', (2) NAD's, (7) Marantz's, (1) Emotiva were all bought to resell for some extra $$$ to support my true addiction, Klipsch speakers.[;)]

Bill

• Moderators

Just because I might do that for someone doesn't mean that another person who is not willing to do it is rotten.Zip it!

LOL...just giving ya a hard time Bill. I know you would do that because that's just your kind hearted nature. There are probably a lot of craigslist sellers that would not want to unhook their gear, take it to someone's house to demo, and hope that they would buy it. I'm not even sure I would want to do that with my 80 lb Parasound amp. If they don't buy it, I have would still have to pay for gas and chiropractic fees for lugging that heavy beast around. [:P]

EMO seems to be the best deal going. So maybe a XPA-3? I wanted to try the UPA-2 since it was smaller and cost less.

If you want to go with an XPA-3 I will be selling mine (I just got an XPA-2 today).

I have not listed the XPA-3 for sale yet so this is the first offering. It is mint condition just like new, I have all original packaging, manual, etc. It is definitely a very nice amp.

Rich