RF-5III maybe?

scatsob

I cant afford the new RF-7II's, nor do I want to lug them all over the world while I am in the NAVY. Is there any chance that Klipsch is in the processs of working up some RF-5's with components similar to the ones in the RF-7II's and RC-64II's?

i havent heard anything, the only ones that would know that are employees in the r&d really or other employees who have gotten wind. Components similar to the rf-7 II and rc-64 II may have a horn match with the rf-5 but as is, the tweeter and woofer sizes would be different. All i can say is that you maybe call klipsch and see if they could slap 2 together for you, i dunno if they still have parts for it but they could probably do it for ya.

i hope they do another upgraded version in the future. They have their niche over and above the 82's but may not warrant making them again

They have their niche over and above the 82's but may not warrant making them again

Indeed they do: made in the USA and real wood veneer. Unfortunately, there does not appear to have been enough demand for Klipsch to continue producing them, as the Classic RF-5 (sold on Klipsch.com only) was recently discontinued.

However,I'd suggest an alternative: a pair of Heresys combined with a decent subwoofer (say an Hsu STF-1 or 2 depending on how much bass you need and how large of a room you need to fill).

I have not listened to Heresys, so feel free to take this with a grain of salt:

The Heresy does have relatively weak low end response as a result of its low cabinet volume. This makes it on its own a less than stellar choice for HT vs the RF-5s. A properly integrated subwoofer changes the equation considerably.

I know a few posters here have a fair amount of experience with both speakers (specifically CECAA850), and hopefully they'll chime in.

5s would be better for an HT application, but you really need to add a center and sub (at minimum). In the end, you're going to end up with alot of equipment to hall around.

I would like to see Klipsch add something between the RF-7 II and RF-82 II, and hopefully they will, but I don't know that they've ever had any luck at that price point. I'd love for them to do the RF-63 II or 83 II, but what do I know. I'd also be great if Klipsch would come out with a 3 way tower speaker. Oh well.

I absolutely love my RF-5's they are great for HT and 2 channel music. Since I have owned my RF-5's (about 10 years) I have upgraded everything else in my system often multiple times but I have never felt the need to change my RF-5's.

I was also disappointed that Klipsch did not come out with a new RF-5 II and I think there is definitely too far a gap between the RF-82 II and RF-7 II.

I absolutely love my RF-5's they are great for HT and 2 channel music. Since I have owned my RF-5's (about 10 years) I have upgraded everything else in my system often multiple times but I have never felt the need to change my RF-5's.

I was also disappointed that Klipsch did not come out with a new RF-5 II and I think there is definitely too far a gap between the RF-82 II and RF-7 II.

Heck, I'd pay an extra $400 just to get a real wood veneer on the 82s.

5s would be better for an HT application, but you really need to add a center and sub (at minimum). In the end, you're going to end up with alot of equipment to hall around.

I would like to see Klipsch add something between the RF-7 II and RF-82 II, and hopefully they will, but I don't know that they've ever had any luck at that price point. I'd love for them to do the RF-63 II or 83 II, but what do I know. I'd also be great if Klipsch would come out with a 3 way tower speaker. Oh well.

What would be cool is if they came out with a rf-64 and used

the same stuff from the rc-64ii in a small floor standings style.

+1

Expand the cabinet dimensions, add some rear ports, shift the tweeter to the top, and make one of the woofers a mid-range with a 3-way cross-over! I like it!!

That sounds awesome they could have 3 ports in back and on

the midrange driver they could use the black cone style. The only problem is

they would probably end up costing 1999 each lol [:o]

The Heresy does have relatively weak low end response as a result of its low cabinet volume. This makes it on its own a less than stellar choice for HT vs the RF-5s. A properly integrated subwoofer changes the equation considerably.

My Heresy Is + Sub = great home theater; and even better music.

I doubt the RF5s can do music better. (HT? Possibly).

Welcome to come by watch some Autobots and Decepticons anytime.......

Listening to the Heritage line is definitely on my to-do list. I wish Klipsch got them out there a bit better, but I can understand why they don't. At the same time, I'm pretty happy with my RF-5s too, and I don't think anyone went too far wrong with either them or Heresys.

If you can't go with RF-7's as your mains then the RF-5 is the next best for a small HT.
For me, the RF-5 kills the Heresy HANDS DOWN when it comes to HT because of the 5's footprint, the height of the 5's drivers and the opportunity for better integration of a subwoofer.
I had RF-5's as my mains but when I got my RF-63's, the RF-5's went into the surround position.
The 63's got the front position because they did not sound as good in the surround position
The RF-5's sounded great in BOTH positions!
Then I got my RF-7's, the RF-63's ended up in storage (and the RF-5's kept the surround position...)
But now, because the RF Home Theater gets more Movie play as opposed to Music play,
the RF-5's now support RS-7's on top of them and the RS-7's get plugged in for movies and I switch the surround wires to the RF-5's when playing a concert DVD...
(Don't worry, I have nice fluffy bath-towels between the RS-7's and the RF-5's - I hate to scratch my speakers. )
To sum up, the Heritage speakers can do GREAT Home Theater, if you have the room.
But room is what I don't have in my up-stairs HT so that's why it's an RF Home Theater.