Sub-woofer Graphs, how do I make them?

Brac

So, I've been playing with the new tapped horn sub that I built recently. When I run low freq test tones, 17--20Hz give or take, I don't hear any sound from the sub, but it shakes the house. (I have read the adults can hear those freq's). Anyway, I want to see the Freq response of my sub, what do I need to buy/download?

See this site that DrWho (a.k.a., Mike Bentz) put together: http://sites.google.com/site/measuresound/

He mentions this in the following thread: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/92988/941847.aspx#941847

Chris

You need something to provide phantom power to the microphone and provide a way to plug the microphone into your laptop - like a small mixer (M-Audio, etc.). That mixer plugs into your laptop (via either digital USB port or sound card analog inputs - depending on the mixer you choose).

One thing that I've noticed about my laptop's sound card (HP laptop) is that it isn't very good...I'd recommend talking with Bentz (DrWho), Rudy81, or Mallette on what type of sound card to invest in - that's something that I've not fixed in my measurement-rig laptop yet. [:$] If you're only trying to get a rough idea of the output of the sub in-room, then your current laptop's sound card is probably "good enough for now". If you're thinking about doing room EQ with your laptop and REW, then I'd recommend a better laptop sound card later.

You'll need something like an RCA-XLR cable to connect the drive output of your mixer to the input of your preamp/AVP/receiver to drive the test signals into your stereo/HT sound system.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...