Nuanced Enough?

thebes

Falls coming. Time to build yet another setup for a college age nephew heading out of the dorms and into apartments. This one is built around a KG 4 and a late 70's Onkyo receiver. Started writing the instruction sheet today for the young feller and here's the opening. I'm wondering if its too restrained:

Eric’s New Speaker System

Tools Required: One
pair needle-nose pliers

Tool is used for:

Pulling out a fingernail of the first person who puts a
drink on top of your speakers. You then
proceed to ***** slap them so hard and so long their eyeballs start spinning
around in their head. Drinks, plants,
and candles are not permitted on top of speakers. Bloody fingernails are permitted to encourage future
transgressors to think twice.

Hot women are allowed to put anything they want on top of
your speakers, unless they are drunk and try putting a beer there, in which
case proceed to use your required tool.

Yes. Are those metric pliers?

This reminds me of a system I put together with a housemate's $$ in college. His son still uses the Dynaco A25s and brags about the grille damage sustained on one when it fell on Brad Van Pelt's head (RIP).

Speaking of dead Spartans, sad to hear Charles "Bubba" Smith passed today. I shook his thumb once. Never dropped stereo gear on him though.

Thanks for the comments, guys. As you know, good old Thebes is not given to bombast, and leans more towards the raised eyebrow, and an occasional soupcon of irony.

That said certain standards must be observed and drinks on speaker tops are one of them.

First set of KG 4's in the house, and while very musical, I find the 15's passive to be boomy and unrefined. They are going into a frat house, so I doubt anyone will know the difference.

• Moderators

Thanks for the comments, guys. As you know, good old Thebes is not given to bombast, and leans more towards the raised eyebrow, and an occasional soupcon of irony

[H]

Very nice of you to do this, I am sure it will be appreciated and used often. [Y]

Maby some inline fuse's would be a good idea ?