budget receiver advice for reference home theater

enhanced250

Hdmi 1.3 at least New AV processing ie TrueHD audio DTSHD

Just curious why you need HDMI 1.3? Most blu-ray players have built in decoders already. What player do you currently have? I'd take a serious look at a Yamaha RX-V2700. Only HDMI 1.2, but if your player can decode TrueHD etc.., your set. You can find them used for around $350-400. Marantz is also a good choice if you can find a SR-8001 ( HDMI 1.2) in your price range.

I had the marantz sr-8001.. Geat piece of hardware, but i wanted to bitstream HD audio. It wasnt rational, but its what i wanted. Ended up trading it and a carver amp for a LNIB denon 3808ci and couldnt be happier.

Geat piece of hardware, but i wanted to bitstream HD audio. It wasnt rational, but its what i wanted

I also wanted a reciever that could decode the new lossless audio until I found out that there wasn't a difference in sound quality between the player doing the decoding or the reciever. I saved a good chunk of $ getting a reciever with 1.2 ( marantz sr8001) and used the extra money towards my sub.. BUT, that's just my opinion. Just throwing that option out there in case he wasn't aware that he could still get the lossless formats with version 1.2.. BTW- the 3808 is a great unit!

All good info!!! Thanks guys!!

Now im kicking around the idea of separates after I saw the above post and how cheaply you can get them for if you search.

Thinking about maybe a 3 channel or 3 monoblocks and then get a lower powered receiver to run the rears.

How about some budgets amplifiers Ive been looking for Ma-500 and found a few but they are still alittle pricey to stay in my budget.

And Ill need to find a buyer for the HTR 5990.

any opinions on an onkyo m282 to drive the rf82's

That amp is more of the big box store retail budget amp that may even underperform what you already have.

If you could get (3) of the Marantz monoblocks you would be set. They really do perform well.

Bill

You really think there that bad?

I am not saying they are bad but your receiver just may outperform them.

Bill

I agree with Williand (And PSQ)......

Even if it is a lateral move..... Is it worth doing?

(Why spend money ; even if it is a "good price" for the same or less performance?)

Im excited I think im going keep on my hunt for some more marantz monos......Im getting one from cornfed and ill be looking for 2 more

1 for the rd-62ii and 1 each or the rf-82

Or if i can only find 2 ill just power the 2 floor standers and power the center and rears with the receiver.