New Jubs on the Block

RRFL

My replacement Jubilee LF has passed inspection at the Cinema Dealer and will be delivered to me between 8:30 and 10:00am in the morning. That's in 12 - 13.5 hours. Check watches on my mark. MARK.

I'm just a TAD excited, a bit, yes, finally and I will have a spare KPT-402/K69 as that was ordered in error.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very cool, Rod! I too have a THTLP that I'm currently using in my bedroom system with a pair of CornScalas mated to a Scott 299D. I'm powering the THT (mine has a Eminence Lab 15 in it) with a Danley SA1000. Let me just say that combination can go mighty low and deep. :-)

Mike

Thanks Mike, I like the compact foot print of the THTLP for both the vertical and horizontal "18inch edge". This also makes the LP version able to fit through door ways in the maximum width which is what I'm building for my Home Cinema.

What width did you build your THTLP?

• 1 month later...

I just placed a request for a quotation:-

Two of the Jubilee woofers KPT-KHJ-LF RAW

Two of the midrange KPT-402-MF with K-1133 driver

Two of the KPT-Grand-HF-T being a K-69 driver on a K-510 Horn

One of the full range KPT-4350-MS

Eight of the KPT-8001 surround speakers

Eventually, I will unpack my Jubilee and set them up, lol, when I get time to finish the Cinema. Just have to get all the sound absorbing materials now.

I ordered another KPT-402-HF since I now have 3 so I can upgrade my LaScala bedroom system to a 2way.

I ordered another KPT-402-HF since I now have 3 so I can upgrade my LaScala bedroom system to a 2way.

Sometimes the K-69A/K510 combo is called the KPT-904-HF. That's what's marked on the boxes mine came in.

It's a mid driver and a tweeter horn, and is not used in most pro cinema applications, so mixups sometimes happen in ordering. I'm just suggesting you be very careful that you and the order taker are in perfect agreement about what's being ordered.

Sometimes the K-69A/K510 combo is called the KPT-904-HF. That's what's marked on the boxes mine came in.

It's a mid driver and a tweeter horn, and is not used in most pro cinema applications, so mixups sometimes happen in ordering. I'm just suggesting you be very careful that you and the order taker are in perfect agreement about what's being ordered.

Thanks for that Pat. My understanding is that the KPT-409-HF is a KDE-75-8P 3" titanium diaphragm compression

driver on a K-510 horn. So that makes the drivers being the difference between the to systems.

I will definitely double check the details as it was a mix up that had an additional KPT-402-HF ordered with my replacement JUB LF. The order was placed as half of what was ordered previously.

When the order was originally made for my Jubs back in July 2011 the KPT-409-HF was mistakenly ordered and this was spotted by Roy.

The next mix up was shipping and my Jubs were sent over by air freight at sea freight rates. The replacement came by sea freight and took forever.

So yes it is very important to check the order especially as any mistakes will take a long time to correct.

What are you going to do with 8 of them? (!!)

Where does somebody get these and how much are they? google doesn't turn up anything. I'd like to use something like that as rear surrounds on my Heritage HT. Could also be the KPT-1201 or KPT-250, or one of the older models used. Something smallerthan a Heresy II (it's mostly in depth that it matters to me).

Get a rope.

Your right

Hate to see that happen, it's really a wonder things ship as well as they do considering everything they go through.

I went for a long walk today along the coast from Clovelly to Bondi and back 4 hours and it was dark when I got back to the car.

Here is a photo of my (1976) LaScala fully Jub-d out and with G-No, gardian who wants to use the rope Lightning or something else.

I got 2 pairs of new jeans on Saturday from G-Star Raw since they are the only company, I know who make them with 36inch legs which I need and they gave me G-No, this years "collectors" edition Rino. Sic 'em G-No

My LaScala are Tuscan Yellow satin sealed and back in the 70's looked awesome on stage as FOH. People remarked on how those little yellow speakers blew away all the big black ones. They become smaller in yellow and match well with the timber floor.

I think I will do my Jubs to match and also refinish my sisters plywood Heresy which I'm going to use as my rear surrounds since she has downsized my brother-in-laws audio. He can hardly wait to hear my jubs.

And here all along I thought I was the only person who had critters in his Las:-0

post-18681-13819711912996_thumb.jpg

post-18681-13819734627532_thumb.jpg

post-18681-13819764584368_thumb.jpg

post-18681-13819791387068_thumb.jpg

What are you going to do with 8 of them? (!!)

Where does somebody get these and how much are they? google doesn't turn up anything. I'd like to use something like that as rear surrounds on my Heritage HT. Could also be the KPT-1201 or KPT-250, or one of the older models used. Something smallerthan a Heresy II (it's mostly in depth that it matters to me).

The system is for a small 150 seat cinema 12m x 12m x 8m in height that's 40 x 40 feet by 26 feet in height. An associate bought a resort and is making some mods. It will likely have a normal 2D cinema projection system. So the KPT-8001's are for the side surrounds. I would prefer to just use a pair of the KPT-4350-MS in the rear corners but there is a door that spoils this. We must use a KPT-4350-MS as centre as we cannot fit a Jub in due to the screen size and there is also a stage under the screen. It's going to be used for more than just a cinema. The Left and Right are standard Jubilee 535 cinema configuration.

On page 2 of the Commercial Cinema section:- http://www.klipsch.com/kpt-8001

The KPT-1201 are the 12inch version of the 8001. I have not heard either of these yet.

The KPT-250 are remarkable. We have used them as DJ booth monitors. The KPT-250 are as flat as flat realism. They do Helicopters really well. I would use them for my surrounds if I did not already have Heresy. The KPT-250 have been around for many years now. In the Hoyts Cinema Complex near my house. One of the Larger Cinemas (30 or so seats wide) has a 100% Klipsch System and the KPT-250 are the surrounds in 7.1 configuration i.e. side walls and rear walls. When the guys were EQing the room they remarked that the KPT-250 did not really need any correction.

Get a rope.

Your right

Hate to see that happen, it's really a wonder things ship as well as they do considering everything they go through.

I went for a long walk today along the coast from Clovelly to Bondi and back 4 hours and it was dark when I got back to the car.

Here is a photo of my (1976) LaScala fully Jub-d out and with G-No, gardian who wants to use the rope Lightning or something else.

I got 2 pairs of new jeans on Saturday from G-Star Raw since they are the only company, I know who make them with 36inch legs which I need and they gave me G-No, this years "collectors" edition Rino. Sic 'em G-No

My LaScala are Tuscan Yellow satin sealed and back in the 70's looked awesome on stage as FOH. People remarked on how those little yellow speakers blew away all the big black ones. They become smaller in yellow and match well with the timber floor.

I think I will do my Jubs to match and also refinish my sisters plywood Heresy which I'm going to use as my rear surrounds since she has downsized my brother-in-laws audio. He can hardly wait to hear my jubs.

And here all along I thought I was the only person who had critters in his Las:-0

I included G-No in my photo's as he would impress some of the girls I was interested in, when I show them pictures of my speakers. Their eyes go to G-No first, they react to G-No then with that frame of mind they check out the speakers.[;)]

This is also a huge winner...Stuart[:^)]

post-45280-13819712165342_thumb.jpg

post-45280-13819734107406_thumb.jpg

post-45280-13819764831392_thumb.jpg

post-45280-13819791641238_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

OK now this is the girl to get with forever.

An Architect who wanted an industrial look.

So we gave her a quad box of 4 Belle on their sides.

I reckon with her you could get a quad KPT-MCM-4-T Grand in your Breakfast Room.

Then for your home cinema the mind just melts.

post-45280-1381973990074_thumb.jpg

post-45280-1381977056095_thumb.jpg

post-45280-13819797710544_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just placed a request for a quotation:-

Two of the Jubilee woofers KPT-KHJ-LF RAW

Two of the midrange KPT-402-MF with K-1133 driver

One of the full range KPT-4350-MS

Eventually, I will unpack my Jubilee and set them up, lol, when I get time to finish the Cinema. Just have to get all the sound absorbing materials now.

These will all arrive on 11th September and my pair are still in the boxes.

The jub amps are in the boxes behind the 3 new woofers I built. The amps are over a year old now. Must get round to finishing the house to many distractions.

post-45280-1381974124921_thumb.jpg

post-45280-13819771886306_thumb.jpg

post-45280-1381979913211_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

These sound amazing I briefly got to configure the system for immediate use and will go back to do it properly. I did not really get much time to sit and listen the cinema is 40x40 feet approx 150 seats. the centre is the KPT-4350-MS flying above the screen in front of the pair of LFE I built yet to be painted.

post-45280-13819801384376_thumb.jpg