Klipsch Sub10 down for the count?..

TurboGen

Welcome to the club!!! Don't waste your time trying to fix or contact Klipsch for that matter. They will tell you to contact an outside company for the repair, but they just give you a remanufactured amp, which is no better than the one that just went out on you.

Have you tried the sub on another amp?

I thought I stated the sub works, it's the amp. I was searching for amp solutions.

I already re-soldered the connections and seems to cut in and out which is better than no sound...

I know these amps don't last long. Not very well made. Curious if there is a similar amp I could use

I thought I stated the sub works, it's the amp. I was searching for amp solutions.

I already re-soldered the connections and seems to cut in and out which is better than no sound...

I know these amps don't last long. Not very well made. Curious if there is a similar amp I could use

The sub has a built in amp.

I could take you through the process of diagnosing your problem, but honestly, those amps are junk.........sorry, no offense intended.

Trust me no offense takenI Hell I would be the first to admit that they are junk, but it is more cost effective for me to replace the amp instead of spending another $450 for a new sub. You do the math...... $112 VS $450 for a similiar SW450. And if Klipsch gives me another s h i t amplifier, I'll never do business with them again.

Concurred... The Klipsch amps are very poorly made. I'm starting think that the heavy bass vibrations are causing the amp's circuit board to malfunction.

• 6 years later...
Polk? I don't think so

I do and they are much better built compared to Klipsch. Sorry but Klipsch subs are garbage.  Have fun with the replacement amp that they send you, because it’s no different then the defective amp that died in your current sub. And amazingly they get away with this type of customer service.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

BASH 300 on sale right now at partsexpress for $116.20 shipped. Not sure if this is a direct bolt in replacement may have to do some modification to make it fit but these are great amps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bash-300S-300W-Digital-Subwoofer-Amplifier/221517805736?epid=1900603690&hash=item33937d78a8:g:cuwAAOSwofxUf1Oz

On 8/20/2011 at 8:17 AM, DRC72 said:

Trust me no offense takenI Hell I would be the first to admit that they are junk, but it is more cost effective for me to replace the amp instead of spending another $450 for a new sub. You do the math...... $112 VS $450 for a similiar SW450. And if Klipsch gives me another s h i t amplifier, I'll never do business with them again.

Or, $220 would buy you a Bic F-12, $270 - Bic PL-200, $320- PL-200II.