Anyone else into the Little League World Series?

Rick

The Little League World Series is one of my favorite sporting events of the year! I am always amazed at how fundamentally sound those kids baseball skills are, and it is a joy for me to watch. I'd love nothing more than to see the local Pennsylvania team win it all. Anyone else a fan of the L.L. World Series?

Sloppy game yesterday but PA prevailed. I can not believe that the PA coach pitched to Jake Fromm in the 5th inning with a man on second and first base open. Just a two run blast but could have been costly. The announcers were saying that in the regular season play the opposing team always walked him.

Definitely was somewhat tense the last two innings. Was it just me, or was the ump calling that low pitch, from the PA closer differently from the fifth to the sixth inning. Seemed to me in the fifth inning he was giving him the very low strike but not so in the sixth inning.

I felt the ump was inconsistant in his strike calls as well. There were many pitches throughout the game that were low enough that I thought they were clearly a ball, and he called them a strike. I also noticed the closer wasn't getting those calls in the sixth inning. You could tell that some of the hitters from Georgia couldn't believe some of those lowball strike calls...

Good game last night 0-0 after six, walk off home run bottom of seventh, gotta love it. PA and CA next for the right to play MT for the championship. One thing though, it seems unfair to MT that they could be eliminated with their first loss, or am I wrong about that?

Cliff, I missed the second half of last nights game. So they are saying MT is eliminated after only 1 loss? That definitely doesn't sound right.

What they said was Mt goes to the US championship game and plays the winner of CA and PA. I would think that whoever plays them would have to beat them twice but that is not how the announcers stated it.

I am disappointed that Pa didn't move on as well. They made this one of the more enjoyable series for me in a long time, that's for sure. Congrats to California for advancing, that kid sure is a good pitcher...