Minumum size of room for RF82ii HT

Balaraaj

Hi, im new for klipsch com, Recently i bought a set of HT for 5.1 with RF82ii. Please advice about minimum size of room to run it & selection of AV receiver for it. I prefer from Yamaha, Onkyo & Denon. Also advice me to surround speakers for 7.1.

There's no real minimum size. By carefully placing your speakers and set-up you should be able to obtain a great sound in anything 10 foot by 10 foot or bigger. I suppose an ideal room for a 7.1 system would be in the realm of 1000-2000 cubic feet, preferably not square in shape.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new speakers!

Sorry, I forgot to answer your second and third question. For 5.1 channel HT, any of those brands will offer a great model at a reasonable price. My advice is to find a model that produces at least 90 watts per channel and has pre-outs. As you add additional speakers (espescially going from 5 to 7) the receiver will loose a ton of juice. A 110 wpc Onkyo TX-nr709 (similar to my receiver) will only produce about 30 wpc of clean sound with all channels running. My 140 wpc Yamaha only produces about 60 wpc with 5 channels and 25 wpc with all seven channels running. So, if you ever go to a 7 channel system you will need (or at least want) pre-outs so that you can hook up an outboard amp to your receiver to power your front two or three speakers. Then your rear channels will still have plenty of juice.

For rear speakers in 7 channel, consider RB-61 iis to match up with your new system, but there are MANY MANY options and much of it will depend on budget and location of rear speakers.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your advise,

Also I have checked my Klipsch(Singapore) dealer and suggested me to select AV receiver like Onkyo 809 or Harman Kardon AVR360. I have checked all those dealers and the price almost same. I'm more interest music than Video. So most of all advise me to buy HK product for clear music. What is your opinion?

Hi,

Finally I'm confusing to select either HK AVR365 or Onkyo 809. 809 is look like giant and many other feathers.

Again i would like to tell that I'm more interest in music & i don't have such amount to separate movie & video. So please advise me to select right AVR.

thanks