*Karma* - Steely Dan "Gaucho" DVD-Audio Disc

Rick

After the very scientific method of pulling a winner's name out of a hat, the winner is:

Sterling (runninshine)!! [<:o)] Congratulations, send me your shipping info and I'll get it out to you by the first of the week... [H]

Hey, are mother and child home yet? [Z]

Rick

Southern

Ahh Rick, that's awesome! Thank you so much, you're a great guy for doing that.

Got home today about 1:00 MST.....very nice to be home with baby and wife.

Congratulations Sterling! Great new music from Rick and your wife and baby are home.

[8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

durn it Rick. I almost didn't enter as I've won previously but figured the odds against me..... but forgot my Oppo does play DVD-Audio and SACD discs. Or just never bothered to find out.

I think I've passed on one or two out trolling for new music at the local pawn shops and thrift stores. [:'(] Hopefully nothing I'd really like like Steely Dan.

Most pawn shops can't give away CD's for $1. One here in town used to charge $3 now $2 and said they only take in CDs as a favor to their regulars. But. They have some good stuff. Neil Young's Live At Massey Hall 1971 being probably my best find.

1971. One of the best sounding CD's I have IMVHO. Analog reel to reel. From the Neil Young Archives. Neil actually cares about sound quality though so any of his newer releases will be as good as it's going to get. I'm not so sure that at least some of the archives aren't tapes from his personal collection he had recorded during his concerts? I may be speculating but there was an interview in Stereophile a few years back with Neil Young and I think he talked about his archives but how excited he was to be able to kick up the sound quality with DVD-Audio or SACD. I think it was DVD-Audio. I was going to send that issue to Klipsch Forum Neil Young affeciando Loud N' Clear (Kimbal) but couldn't find it so had probably pitched it. Near the time when Sam Tellig (?) went all googly eyed over how good the LaScala II's sounded after visiting one of Italy's top architects who's villa was perched I think on a mountain side and

Congratulations Sterling! Great new music from Rick and your wife and baby are home.

MusicMusicMusicCoolMusicMusicMusic

durn it Rick. I almost didn't enter as I've won previously but figured the odds against me..... but forgot my Oppo does play DVD-Audio and SACD discs. Or just never bothered to find out.

I think I've passed on one or two out trolling for new music at the local pawn shops and thrift stores. [:'(] Hopefully nothing I'd really like like Steely Dan.

Most pawn shops can't give away CD's for $1. One here in town used to charge $3 now $2 and said they only take in CDs as a favor to their regulars. But. They have some good stuff. Neil Young's Live At Massey Hall 1971 being probably my best find.

1971. One of the best sounding CD's I have IMVHO. Analog reel to reel. From the Neil Young Archives. Neil actually cares about sound quality though so any of his newer releases will be as good as it's going to get. I'm not so sure that at least some of the archives aren't tapes from his personal collection he had recorded during his concerts? I may be speculating but there was an interview in Stereophile a few years back with Neil Young and I think he talked about his archives but how excited he was to be able to kick up the sound quality with DVD-Audio or SACD. I think it was DVD-Audio. I was going to send that issue to Klipsch Forum Neil Young affeciando Loud N' Clear (Kimbal) but couldn't find it so had probably pitched it. Near the time when Sam Tellig (?) went all googly eyed over how good the LaScala II's sounded after visiting one of Italy's top architects who's villa was perched I think on a mountain side and

Thank you Ben!

MusicMusicMusicCoolMusicMusicMusic

Yes, Sterling had a pretty good week, huh? [Y]

Sterling,

Way to go. Nothing like your baby growing up with a little Donald Fagen and company.[Y]

Rick,

Thanks for the opportunity.

Bill