What are these systems worth?

SteveBachman

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. Here is my estimate on the Reference speakers. Personally, if there is only $300, I would get the RF-63 system, even though it doesn't come with a sub. You can always add a quality sub down the road.

Are the two systems you are considering new or used?

• Moderators

I'll take a guess and say these are used since you mentioned "asking" prices.

These are what I would expect to pay for a used RF-63 system, although on occassion, you can find them even cheaper than that.

RF-63 - $700
RC-64 - $600
RS-62 - $600

Total - $1900

Yes, these systems are used. Can you tell me from when to when the RF-63 system was produced. It no longer shows up on the Klipsch website. Owner says he has moved from a house which had a "Man Cave" to a condo and needs to get rid of these systems. This worries me a little as I live in a townhouse. I was looking at the RF-82ii series before I saw these systems. Are these systems more than I need for a 1450 square foot townhome. Is the RF-63 home system superior to the WF system? It seemed like he was trying to push the WF system when I spoke to him. I am looking at running thee speakers with either a Denon AVR 2312ci or AVR 3312ci.

Thanks,

Steve

Your price of $1900 is taking into consideration there are two floor speakers and two surround speakers? Are you saying the floor speakers are valued at $350 each and the surround speakers at $300 each?

That's what he is saying. New retail on the RF-63 system was about $4000.00. They were manufactured from 04-10 I think. For person-to-person market value you should expect to pay between 1/3 and 1/2 of retail (that's a generalization).

Welcome to the forum!

Check out this link for system II (new in box, factory waranty): http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007058%2050001390&IsNodeId=1&name=Klipsch

I have the Icon WF-35 system, as described, and it is a very good system! It is not as good, or as big, as the RF-63 system. I tally up the cost of a new Icon system per newegg at: $2500.00

This weekend, the WC-24 was selling for $250.00 and the WB-14s for $230.00 a pair. If you like that system, and want to get it, watch newegg. You can get a NEW 7 channel system (2 X WF-35, 1 X WC-24, 2 X WB-14, and 2 X WS-24) for $1725.00. Add an equivalent new sub for about $350.00.

Is the RF-63 home system superior to the WF system?

I would say yes in every way except for the WAF. The RF-63 HT system is the Reference IV flaship system with the RF-63's instead of the RF-83's. The center(RC-64) and surrounds(RS-62's) are common to both 63 system and 83 system.

The WF system is nice and musical but does not have the ooomph that the 63 system has.

The RF-63's sound great at lower volumes(townhome friendly) but can really crank when the neighbors are away.

IMO, expect to pay no more than $2000.00 for a very good condition used 63/64/62 combo. Are they worth $2800.00, absolutely, but just not in this economy.

Bill

Is the RF-63 home system superior to the WF system?

I would say yes in every way except for the WAF. The RF-63 HT system is the Reference IV flaship system with the RF-63's instead of the RF-83's. The center(RC-64) and surrounds(RS-62's) are common to both 63 system and 83 system.

The WF system is nice and musical but does not have the ooomph that the 63 system has.

The RF-63's sound great at lower volumes(townhome friendly) but can really crank when the neighbors are away.

IMO, expect to pay no more than $2000.00 for a very good condition used 63/64/62 combo. Are they worth $2800.00, absolutely, but just not in this economy.

Bill

+1