A pretty good deal on woot.com today

jhoak

I'm hoping that all of the reviewers are right. If not I can probably flip them in a couple of weeks and not lose too much.

On the flip side I realized that I now need to come up with an amp for them. I'm thinking one of those cheapo t-amps. We're only talking PC sound output here and very low volume at that.

Why does what one perceives as a "good deal" ALWAYS end up costing more $$ than originally planned?

At 85 dB sensitivity, I'd think you'd need more than a T-amp.

Really? Ya think? In my bedroom I can't see them ever coming close to to 85dB near-field. 1 watt max at best is all I can ever see needing. We're not talking about a "main" system here.

I have a little cheapo Chinese EL84 amp that I'm only occasionally using at this time. I'm going to try it with them before I sink any more $$ in to the project.

On the flip side I realized that I now need to come up with an amp for them. I'm thinking one of those cheapo t-amps.

The impedance stays above 6 ohms across the entire audio band- they should be easy to drive with a low power tube amp, T-amp, etc.

Really? Ya think? In my bedroom I can't see them ever coming close to to 85dB near-field. 1 watt max at best is all I can ever see needing. We're not talking about a "main" system here.

I have a little cheapo Chinese EL84 amp that I'm only occasionally using at this time. I'm going to try it with them before I sink any more $$ in to the project.

Sounds like a plan [Y]. Let us know how they sound.

I'm sure I'll let you all know.

According to the most recent email from woot.com the speakers are supposed to be here on Wednesday.

I have an a$$load of 24bit/96kHz FLACs on my bedroom PC. As a general rule I only listen to Pandora or the local FM feed in my bedroom. I'm curious to hear the collection of FLACs through the proposed mini-system.

Can't wait... [:D]