Looking for good repair in Cincinnati Dayton area

tromprof

One channel on my minty Yamaha CR-2020 seems to have stopped working and so I need to take it for repair. The shop I have used in the past did a very poor job on a Yamaha amp I took to them a couple of years back so... does anyone have a good recommendation for a person in the Cincinnati and Dayton area?

Thanks

One channel on my minty Yamaha CR-2020 seems to have stopped working and so I need to take it for repair. The shop I have used in the past did a very poor job on a Yamaha amp I took to them a couple of years back so... does anyone have a good recommendation for a person in the Cincinnati and Dayton area? Thanks

Looking local doesn't always provide the best solution. I live in Ohio as well, and this guy in New York does excellent work and packing on my Nakamichi Amps. If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right.
The hyperlink doesn't seem to work so;
phone number is (631)-751-1803 call Sat 10am-2pm eastern time. Roger

www.angelfire.com/art2/stereorepair117/?nakamichi.htm - Cached

Can't really tell you where to go but I can tell you where NOT to go: BEC Audio & Video in West Chester (Cincinnati)

He wanted almost $1,000 to put in a new laser pick-up in my McIntosh MVP-871. While he was at it he was going to replace a dozen or so caps because he thought they needed it (and he needed a boat payment). When he told me the price and I said "no" he said he already ordered teh parts from McIntosh. I called McIntosh and cancelled his order.

When I got the unit back from him I sent it directly to McIntosh in NY and the bill was only about $350.....with shipping and they even sent it back in a new factory box and threw out the original factory box I sent it to them in.

Can't really tell you where to go but I can tell you where NOT to go: BEC Audio & Video in West Chester (Cincinnati)

He wanted almost $1,000 to put in a new laser pick-up in my McIntosh MVP-871. While he was at it he was going to replace a dozen or so caps because he thought they needed it (and he needed a boat payment). When he told me the price and I said "no" he said he already ordered teh parts from McIntosh. I called McIntosh and cancelled his order.

When I got the unit back from him I sent it directly to McIntosh in NY and the bill was only about $350.....with shipping and they even sent it back in a new factory box and threw out the original factory box I sent it to them in.

My experience with BEC is the same, which is a shame since his shop is a 5 min. walk from my house.

Did you ship your Yamaha receiver yet?

Turn arround was under 2 weeks from send to receiving my Nak back, and my PA-7II wouldn't even turn on when I sent it out. Most receivers are $185 vs: $275 for most amplifiers, that is for a total recap of both channels. The big caps in my Nak are the physical size of beer cans and there are 4 of them. He also changed out two fuses, cleaned and lubed the switch and relays, cleaned the boards and threw in a Nakamichi PA-7 brochure for free.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...