Finally got around to it.....La Scala's

I picked up a pair of La Scala's a while ago and have been a little nervous about what I might get myself into if I did start to clean them up. I've had some time at home so I decided to give it a shot. Keep in mind this is my first attempt at stripping, scrapping glue, sanding and what not. I figured I'd post some pictures of the progress, it's no where near what others are capable of but show what a complete beginner is capable of with no tools. I'm not finished but they atleast look presentable now. With out further ado, some photos of before and now.

post-29765-13819664687428_thumb.jpg

I still need to redo the crossovers, I've been looking to pick a pair of Bob's 4500 xo's up or redo the AL-3's I have now, I like the sound of the AL-3's just haven't quite decided. I'm sure they will benefit greatly from refreshing the networks.

I love the fullness I get listening to 2 channel from them. The low end response is much better in my room than the RF 7's are, I don't know why but I can't get the low end to show up in my listening spot with the RF 7's, the La Scala's on the other hand is definitely there. I think that given the spatial difference between the woofers is what makes them so pleasurable. When i stand up at the listening position with the RF 7's its there, when I sit down it's gone. It's completely opposite with the La Scala's , sitting down is good, standing up ....not so good. So my room is obviously affecting the overall sound.