My bobo setup noob error

SuBXeRo

I went to use EmoQ for the first time on saturday night and i realized...Im an idiot. I have had my left and right channels reversed and i had my surr L and R on instead of my surr Bl abd BR on since i am only running a 5.2. I never really noticed a problem though this whole time haha. Thank you EmoQ for setting me straight!

• Moderators

Add me to the list. I had my surround left and surround right switched too. When I was going through the test tones, I noticed it. Oops. I had originally labelled both ends of my RCA cables using Mailing Labels but apparently I labelled them incorrectly on each end.and had those two switched.

There are those who have and those who will!

I was getting th enew place setup this past weekend while I had some alone time. I checked the runs with a receiver and started to lable. Wife and kids burst through the door asking for grocery totting help. I grabbed th ewires and ever so carefully laid them out in a fashion where I knew what was what or so I thought. Came back to the job, plugged everything in and commenced the auto set up on my prepro.

Now if you are at the pool you can hear the left rear and zone 2 right. In the office is right front and zone 3.........you get the picture.

I went to use EmoQ for the first time on saturday night and i realized...Im an idiot. I have had my left and right channels reversed and i had my surr L and R on instead of my surr Bl abd BR on since i am only running a 5.2. I never really noticed a problem though this whole time haha. Thank you EmoQ for setting me straight!

Not sure I understand the mix-up on the surround speakers. In a 5.x setup you should have the Surr L and R activated, not the Surr BL and BR.

Not sure I understand the mix-up on the surround speakers. In a 5.x setup you should have the Surr L and R activated, not the Surr BL and BR.

Lol I was thinking the same thing I just figured I was

misunderstanding him. Back speakers are not for 5.1 so the bl and br should not

be used for 5.1.

• Moderators

i had my surr L and R on instead of my surr Bl abd BR on since i am only running a 5.2.

I do not have a 7.1 but isn't SBL and SBR (Surround Back Left and Right) used only for 7.1 and the Surround Left & Right used for 5.1? According to your statement, you had them setup correctly.

Here is the THX 7.1 Diagram

dolby-truehd-dts-hd-speaker-setup-400x30

Thx 5.1 Diagram

5-1-speaker-setup-400x300.jpg

i always thought that the SBL and SBR were for 5.1. I have seen so many charts on setups and they all conflict one another.

Hmm, I've always seen it the same way: Surround Left and Surround right for 5.x, adding Surround Back Left and Surround Back Right for 7.x setups. Everything I've seen from THX, Dolby Labs, etc. has this same setup.

Man! Reading all of your posts made me smile. I've done the same thing but with the interconnects. Mixed them up due to distractions. AND it as to haul in the groceries!

As far as 5.1 and 7.1: If you are running a 5.1 signal, the SBR/SBL can play the same material as the SR/SL. Use PLIIx and the surround signals will be duplicated to the rears. Most other 5.1 formats (DTS-HD) will not duplicate the signal and youur rears will be silent.

There aren't a lot of 7.1 sources so I've set Advanced Playback to choose PLIIx unless the source is true 7.1. Then I go native format.

Call me crazy but I love PLIIx for music, too. [:|]

• Like 1

I am very satisfied with a 6.2 setup. The surround back speaker does a lot more than I thought it would. The thing I like most about it is I didn't have to buy single speakers. With heritige surround setups, finding singles is a problem.

I'll bet you are satisfied. The rear surronds don't add that much as opposed to a single rear. (If any) 6 La Scalas? [/drool]

• Like 1