Bi Amping RF-7ll

A1UC

I am wondering if I Bi Amped my RF-7ll if I would be able to tame the horns , now what I mean is use a larger amp for the lows and a less powerfull amp for the horns I just purchased a Rotle 5X200 and was going to run my fronts and center off it . But now I was thinking of Bi Amping the fronts with 2 diffrent size power amps

Here is a thread you started in September and after reading everything you've gone through I still feel the same:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/153365/1607400.aspx#1607400

Emotiva seems to make a good product but their fan base is almost cultist...If you go to the AVS Forum's Klipsch Owners Thread (as well as the Emotiva Owners thread in the AVR section) and search for "Emotiva," by poster "Zen Traveler," you will find various discussions I had with people who took it personally when I asked "did you buy your RF-7s without auditioning" and "why did you feel you needed external amplification before even hearing them on the AVR you selected?"

Fwiw, your Emotiva 50.2 looks like a quality unit and you may not even need the Emotiva amps if you are in a small to mid-size room. I also noticed you liked your KEF speakers and didn't feel like the Klipsch HT was an "upgrade" so what you may have is buyer's remorse because the sound is different than what you've become accustomed...Regardless, you have a quality Home Theater on paper and I can't imagine it not sounding awesome (even with the Emotiva amps Wink) so I would look at AVR settings and environment to find why it's not meeting expectations and agree with StephenM that more detail would be beneficial.

They say some like to horns and some dont , Im going to guess Im one of the ones that dont , I dont know if its the amps so I just purchased a diffrent amp and Im going to see if it helps if not , I will be buying diffrent speakers.

For HT everything is fine , for music the horns just get to me .

They say some like to horns and some dont , Im going to guess Im one of the ones that dont , I dont know if its the amps so I just purchased a diffrent amp and Im going to see if it helps if not , I will be buying diffrent speakers.

For HT everything is fine , for music the horns just get to me .

It is probably your room. What kind/types of room treatments are you using?

You can take the best speaker ever made and set it in a horrible room and it will sound...... HORRIBLE!

A well treated room will make a so-so speaker sound good. Changing amps will not help an untreated room.

Dennie

I have had 2 diffrent sets of speakrs in this room already , last set being a pair of Kef Model Fours and they sounded super .

I know why did I get riid of them " I was foolish " I really think that its I dont care for horn loaded speakers .

I think you said it best. The horn sound may just not be for you. I agree with the others that bi-amping won't help. I'm not sure how long you've had you're RF-7II's, but I can tell you that they do slowly warm up as they break in. I have a similar setup and understand where you're coming from. My advice to you is to experiment with the settings on your processor. After running the Audessey calibration that preamp puts your speakers in this dynamic mode which is good for movies, but not music. I constantly change the settings on my Integra DHC-9.9 depending on what I'm listening to.Go to "set up", then down to "speaker setup", then down to "equalizer settings", Make sure it's not on Dynamic EQ. Try MultiEQ XT and Dynamic volume heavy. I know our processors are different, but they are very similar and you should have similar settings. There is also a manual setting that will let you EQ around 15 different frequecies. This should tame those highs for you. Also make sure on your tone controls the treble isn't boosted at all. Maybe these are things you've already tried, but I hope this helps.

It would be interesting to see if A1UC would still have the same impression of the RF-7 II's after listening to cubdog's setup. I had the RF-7's and my conclusion was to go in the Heritage direction for music. Ended up with khorns. On certain recordings the RF-7's were outstanding but in my room with my ears I didn't find them natural sounding for music like Heritage.

I hooked up my new pre pro and played some music tonight in 2 channel and for some reason it sounds great , Im thinking before I had the 2 VTF-15H in play .Im going to mess with it some more later in the week

Also in 2 channel I can pick from Stereo- Pure Audio-Direct thoughts ? Im using Pandora

Synergy, amplification, room acoustics, musical tastes, etc. play into speaker preferences. I have had Cornwalls, KG4s and still have CF3s. My RF7IIs are by far my favorites. Any of you guys local to me are always welcome to stop in for a listening session.

cubdog

Pandora is nice. I paid for the upgrade to "Pandora One" when you do that you can get the higher quality Streaming, and no adds. I listen to my music in Direct 80% of the time. My RF-7II gives me all the punch I need. I listen to light rock to heavy metel. (No Country or Rap) Apple TV makes it nice bcs you can stream wirelessly.

I have my sub set up for movies more so than music, not that it does not sound good for music. I just feel the sound quality all around is much better in Direct, but thats just me. Audassey set my fronts to 40Hz but I changed them to 60Hz sounded a little clearer and still had a great punch to them. I have my Towers 20" from the corner of my room and 10' apart from each other.

Synergy, amplification, room acoustics, musical tastes, etc. play into speaker preferences. I have had Cornwalls, KG4s and still have CF3s. My RF7IIs are by far my favorites. Any of you guys local to me are always welcome to stop in for a listening session.

cubdog

My Dad Had KG4s... thats when I fell in love with Klipsch

Are trailer was next to the nbr hood pool and I would point the speakers out the window and we would jam at the pool all day untill my dad came home from work. The good Ol days.