used value of RF-82 and RW-12d opinions needed

jordan122345

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there were 2 models of the RF82's but the seller said he had just bought them 6 months ago. And the sub is on amazon right now brand new for $403.They are pretty much brand new though.So no more than $750-$800 ya think. Also I am going from KLF10's and a KSW15, is this an upgrade or no

$700 to 750 on Gen 1, I think 900 or so, depending would be decent for Gen 2. Keep in mind often people don't know what their speakers are really worth, if they paid too much to begin they have a different view than informed buyers.

that is very true.The guy said he had paid 1250 for the rf82's and 700 for the sub.So I just found a set of RF7's first gen in great shape except one of the cones on one of the speakers has a dent in it.Will this affect anything other than looks and what kinda value we looking at here

I think he said he would take $800 for them. The guy with the rf82's and the rw-12d got mad at me when I offered him $750 and I appologized and told him that I was merely offering him what they were worth.Is the RW-12d a decent sub.I am thinking about ordering one since new egg has them for $350 shipped.

• Moderators

I think he said he would take $800 for them.

$800 is a fair price but you can always see if he will take less.

The guy with the rf82's and the rw-12d got mad at me when I offered him $750 and I appologized and told him that I was merely offering him what they were worth

Although that is nice of you, there is no need in apologizing. Many people who sell electronics try to get premium pricing when they just aren't worth it. Used gear typically sells for 30% - 50% of retail, even if they are in excellent condition. Also, it's still a buyer's market. I can tell you from experience that used gear isn't selling near as fast as it was several years ago (asis almost everything else these days). That's just simple economics.

If you want a great deal, you just have to be willing to wait and be patient until the right deal comes along, have some cash on hand and be constantly looking at Craigslist. Most of my system in my signature has been built around that principle. I just looked yesterday at my spreadsheet where I keep track of retail pricing vs what I paid for each item and I saved an overall of 74.5% on my gear.

Is the RW-12d a decent sub.I am thinking about ordering one since new egg has them for $350 shipped.

I've heard the RW-12d and it's ok. Personally, I think you can find a much better sub for close or even cheaper than that price. For example, Fastlane's Velodyne SPL12BV. It has a 1000 watt rms / 2000 watt peak amp.

My first Velodyne HGS15 in my signature I picked up for $200. It's a 15" sub with a 1250 watt RMS / 3000 peak amp. Those types of deals are super rare and few and far between but they are out there. A lot of guys here like Epik, SVS, Velodyne & HSU.