RW12-D being delivered today..........would appreciate forums suggestions !

TasDom

I took advantage of the NE sale to upgrade my Energy sub and this will be here this evening. Might be overkill for my modest Icon set up but I was hoping for some set up suggestions prior to it's arrival.

My room is 15'w x 22'l x 11'ceiling. Mains are currently running in bi amp configuration for 5.1

Should I run the full MCACC calibration and then make sure all speakers are set to small or keep the mains at large? What will be the correct x over setting for both the receiver and the SW? Will I need a SPL meter?

I'm so glad I gave up drinking and gambling for this new addiction as I couldn't afford the others now!

Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts.........

You should set your speakers to small and re-run the full calibration. Set the crossover on the sub to "disabled" and the crossover on the AVR to about 60-80 Hz, with 80 being the starting point.

I figured 80 on the AVR but wasn't sure about the sub........TY

OMG I hate UPS!!!!! It arrived a little while ago and it looks like it was mugged by a savage pack of Velodyne's. One corner is smashed and two of the grill pegs are snapped off in the holes.

Thanks for the additional input MG but I need to talk to NE before I proceed with the hook up. Man I feel like my wife just had a miscarriage....:( You'd think they could put additional packaging on the Klipsch box. Oh well I'll hit ya'll up for questions as needed.

Thanks again.......

Wow that sucks.I actually had my 2 RW-12d's delivered today.And both had some of the pegs broken off on the gill and one of them had a huge rattle inside of it when you merely moved it an inch.So I will call klipsch about the grill on the good one and I already called new egg about the other one.UPS sucks horribly

Couldn't resist, I hooked it up and it sounds awesome after a few tweeks. Looks like an old beat up soldier but with plenty of ammo. I wanted to test my H1 remote with it as well and it works great with both volume and all the digital presets loaded into the touch screen.

the pegs on the frills I can get over but when there is a big cut in one of the boxes and it sounds as if the driver is actually disconnected inside the enclosure.That is unacceptable.Anyways I hope all will be well with both transactions.

You made me wanna pick it up and shake it first tho....lol

OMG I hate UPS!!!!! It arrived a little while ago and it looks like it was mugged by a savage pack of Velodyne's. One corner is smashed and two of the grill pegs are snapped off in the holes.

Thanks for the additional input MG but I need to talk to NE before I proceed with the hook up. Man I feel like my wife just had a miscarriage....:( You'd think they could put additional packaging on the Klipsch box. Oh well I'll hit ya'll up for questions as needed.

Thanks again.......

just got mine yesterday and opened it up before work, same problem ups smashed the crap out of the top of the cabinet and on the side, my heart sank after waiting a week, didnt even bother testing it as they can have it right back