HDMI is better than Analog Outs on BDP-95

BE36

Depends on the amp perhaps. Audio over HDMI (or SPDIF) into a Tri-path or D3 amp would leave your jaw on the floor. Taking the DAC out of the equation entirely.

With digital sources, you can't take the DAC out of the equation that I know of. It needs to be converted from data to analog somewhere along the line.

• Moderators

Just having fun Mustang. [:D]

With audio being so subjective, it's really impossible to say that anything is the "best", especially if we are only looking at the specs. Just because it looks good "according to the specs". My previous Yamaha looked good according to the specs from Yamaha but when tested by 3rd party with 7 channels driven, it was very unimpressing. Just sayin.

With digital sources, you can't take the DAC out of the equation that I know of. It needs to be converted from data to analog somewhere along the line.

But you can take out all the analog signal handling (and associated distortions) that normally take place post-DAC between there and inside the power amplifier.

See: System Design Considerations for True Digital Audio Power Amplifiers

Page 7 section 4, Reconstruction Output Filter. Take note that the load is part of the filter. The signal is digital PWM through the back side of the TAS51XX chipset into the filter.

It's nothing new persay, just saying the audible result is not comprable to a traditional component DAC-amp setup...and a lot less expensive.

Read my response to your post on your last thread. It's not a debate at this point, because there isn't a peice of equipment with a better DAC available. Use the analog outs.

Read it, understand it, and believe what you said. I am looking for someone that has a BDP-95 and can confirm there are no lip sinc issues when using the analog outs.

Read my response to your post on your last thread. It's not a debate at this point, because there isn't a peice of equipment with a better DAC available. Use the analog outs.

Read it, understand it, and believe what you said. I am looking for someone that has a BDP-95 and can confirm there are no lip sinc issues when using the analog outs.

I don't blame you for that. Hopefully someone will chime in. You might still try calling Oppo. It couldn't hurt.

I am looking for someone that has a BDP-95 and can confirm there are no lip sinc issues when using the analog outs.

Is this a known phenomena with the BDP-95 or are you just making sure that is not the case? My Oppo BDP-83 is hooked up to my NAD T773 receiver via 5.1 analog and I have never had the mentioned lip sinc issues. It sounds incredible with music and movies.

Bill

I am looking for someone that has a BDP-95 and can confirm there are no lip sinc issues when using the analog outs.

Is this a known phenomena with the BDP-95 or are you just making sure that is not the case? My Oppo BDP-83 is hooked up to my NAD T773 receiver via 5.1 analog and I have never had the mentioned lip sinc issues. It sounds incredible with music and movies.

Bill

No it is not known. When my Elite Pioneer sends the video out HDMI and the audio to processor there is an issue but there is adjustment to correct the issue.