The new tube company

mutfish

From what their website says it looks like they are simply a dealer/retailer, not a manufacturer or manufacturing anything "new" or special. Also note that they do not show a physical address, only a P.O Box. They also say that they've been around for 26 years, hardly a "new" company. As far as I can tell the name simply implies that they sell "new" tubes as opposed to "used" or possibly new old stock (NOS) tubes.

One other observation, they make a comparison between tube replacement and guitar string replacement. Their statement regarding guitar string replacement is false. These are personal preferences. Some guitar players can't wait until they put 15-20 or more hours one the strings to get rid of "that twangy new sound". Others literally will have their strings changed after every performance, or even every set of a performance. This also depends on the type guitar and the type of strings used. I know some bass players who have NEVER changed the strings on their bass guitar because they prefer the sound, particularly if they play the instrument after repeated fried chicken dinners with nothing more than a finger lickin' good hand wash befoe playing. Likewise, there are some types of strings such as "orchestral" chromium flat wound types that actually require substantial playing time before they settle in and no longer change pitch (both up and down) after which they actually become richer and fuller sounding with age.

I had a issue with my top E string on my bass as it kept breaking I finally had some work done to it about a year or 2 ago, since then I have never replaced my strings. I think it sounds soooo good. then again I don't play as much as a lot of guys do.

sorry to hi jack for a min. now back to the original program.

Nick

• 3 months later...

As the website clearly states "The New Tube Co" is not a store

"PLEASE NOTE:
We are and always have been a mail order tube and tube related products
dealer for 26 years. We now have a showroom for Jolida products and
sales only ( Not for tubes )See home page for address and details."

If you call and leave a message or send an email we will gladly return your call or try to give you a courteous,prompt anwer to your question promptly,

My email is info@newtube.com

As owner of The New Tube co. I want to clarify a few things. Our name was chosen because it was our choice of direction to sell "new tubes" and not surplus or new old stock as a mainstay product line. We have been in business for 25 years and have always been a mail order catalog business.We are not a store ( when was the last time you saw a store that only sold tubes? probably 1950) When the ineternet became accessable we dropped the printed catalog.My comparison of dead strings to dead tubes was simply to make apoint and yes it could be viewed as subjective but it gets the point across that being old components lose their responsiveness. That is a fact. I try to be courteous and responsive to all inquiries by phone or email . If you dont leave a message I cant respond. We also sell industrial tubes ( Broadcast,microwave and other types). In short this posting was had a Negative tone not based on any transaction or complaint. I am a reputable businessman with many satisfied customers. I ask if you judge me then base it on a real encounter or transaction.

JS

As owner of The New Tube co. I want to clarify a few things. Our name was chosen because it was our choice of direction to sell "new tubes" and not surplus or new old stock as a mainstay product line. We have been in business for 25 years and have always been a mail order catalog business.We are not a store ( when was the last time you saw a store that only sold tubes? probably 1950) When the ineternet became accessable we dropped the printed catalog.My comparison of dead strings to dead tubes was simply to make apoint and yes it could be viewed as subjective but it gets the point across that being old components lose their responsiveness. That is a fact. I try to be courteous and responsive to all inquiries by phone or email . If you dont leave a message I cant respond. We also sell industrial tubes ( Broadcast,microwave and other types). In short this posting was had a Negative tone not based on any transaction or complaint. I am a reputable businessman with many satisfied customers. I ask if you judge me then base it on a real encounter or transaction.

JS

welcome to the forum. I don't think there's a negative flavor in this thread....as a matter of fact...since you are local to me i actually call to see if you could help me with some tubes I needed, but I guess we playes phione tag. so maybe next time.

Welcome aboard. You'll fit right in. After all we're a crotchety old lot, we grumble, we mumble we tumble off our barstools on occasion. The thread was simply a reaching out to see if anybody had some hands on experience with you. It's a common request on this Forum. Sure Fritz's original comment was akin to talking behind your back while your in the room but this ain't the UN, we don't have to parse our words in pursuit of da' truth.

So you've been providing tubes to a discerning public for 26 years now. Well I can only count to 21 and that's if I drop my pants. I'm pretty sure that means you started up about 1947.

Say you wouldn't happen to have some 1947 Mullard double o getter EL 34's on closeout would you. I'm paying the unheard of price of $5 a valve for those, but they'd better be new.

Oh and what do like in the way of newer power and small tubes for audio, not guitar, applications?

We are not a store ( when was the last time you saw a store that only sold tubes? probably 1950)

JS

Greetings! You obviously didn't hang out in the Rockaways around 1965. Crestlynn Sales Co. on B. 116th Street was a tube only vendor!!! They sold to the public, many of the local TV repair guys (of which I was one!!!), and also serviced the huge "drug store" tube tester market. Maynard