shipping problems ?

dtel

I suspect that the driver has issues with management and "human resources" back at the depot....

The worst offenders are the residential deliveries.... Unless the shipper specified receipt, etc., boxes are thrown, left on a porch in a crack crazed neighborhood, drop kicked out the back door of the delivery truck, etc.

The only way to prevent it for a residential delivery is to make sure you know when the driver is going to be in the area and be there when the truck shows up. That's a PIA, but if you generally have the same driver, and you make a point to "meet and greet", offer to help unload your box, etc., after the first couple of deliveries, you can generally count on proper, if not outstanding, treatment of your box.

The other (and the best...) option is to have all UPS & FEDEX stuff delivered to a business address. Far better handling, and usually the better drivers are involved. The last thing UPS and FEDEX wants are customer complaints from businesses. Risky "business" as they can lose a substantial account by careless handling.

The only way to get the drivers to stop the crap we constantly hear about is to not only complain, but to press the matter... Consistent complaints about a driver will end up with that driver being gone.....

Just my humble opining based on years of experience with these folks. Then again, I always have my boxes sent to a commercial address and I'm usually there when the driver shows up.....

• Moderators

Your right, I have never had a problem and have seen drivers put things on this porch normally. It's just a few of many, I would guess most of the damage gets done on conveyor belt in a building at 60 MPH. There was a special on Natgeo or one of those channels showing how these companies distribution hubs work, it's amazing really but very rough.