Bookshelf speakers

ENUF

Hello Everyone, I am trying to decide which of these 3 different Klipsch bookshelf speakers to get. These will be my only speakers I will be using for a while; I am looking for ones that can handle/perform the best with movies, games, and music of course. I will be hooking them up to my very old, early 1990s, 100 watt per channel Kenwood reciever. These are the 3 in my price range...

http://www.klipsch.com/rb-41-ii-bookshelf-speakers-pair

http://www.klipsch.com/b-20-bookshelf-speakers-pair

http://www.klipsch.com/kb-15-bookshelf-speakers-pair

Thanks!

I would recommend that you go & hear these speakers before plunking down your hard earned cash. The speakers that sound best to your ears will be the ones you want, regardless of others opinions. That being said, the Reference Series (RB) is the more highly regarded of the speakers.

Best Buy is the only place close to me that has one of the three that I mentioned; they only carry the KB-15 ones, so those are the only ones I am able to listen to of the three I listed. The KB-15 sound really nice; just want to see how these other two compare to them since they are in the same price range of $250-$300.

Yes, I am looking for the best $300 bookshelf speakers; Klipsch to me are the best speakers from my past experience. I originally had Forte ii speakers way back in 1991-1998 and the Promedia 2.1 set for a while. Both of those I no longer have; now back in the market to get some Klipsch again. I still regret selling the Forte ii speakers; those were simply amazing; just way too big and too loud to keep them any longer... I am looking into the bookshelf speakers since right now for what I can afford and my space they are best for me at the moment.

Thanks, I am glad to be a part of the community now.

~Enuf~

Ok; I have made up my mind, I am going to be going with the B-20 bookshelf speakers

http://www.klipsch.com/b-20-bookshelf-speakers-pair

I did a bunch of research and these speakers got rave reviews everywhere I looked. Even though I was not able to listen to them; they probably sound similar to the KB-15 ones I heard at Best Buy. Thinking these are probably slightly better than those.

Thanks to everyone for your input; I will be back later on some time after I have tried these babies out. [:D]

• Moderators

I still regret selling the Forte ii speakers; those were simply amazing; just way too big and too loud to keep them any longer...

Welcome

50% of that problem can be fixed by turning the volume knob to the left. [:#]

ENUF,

Welcome to the forum.

"Enuf" of this nonsense, find a pair of RB-5's and be done with it.[:P]

Yes, I am looking for the best $300 bookshelf speakers

If you are looking for the "best" $300.00 bookshelf speakers Klipsch has/had to offer, new or used, look no further than the RB-5's. You would be hard pressed to find a better sounding, more detailed, punchy bookshelf speaker in the $300.00 or under range than a pair of RB-5's. They are solidly built(23lbs) but have a smallish footprint(17"x9"x12.2") for a bookshelf with 8" drivers. They also have real wood veneers.

Bill

I just up graded my up stairs set up from quintets to RB-35s, Rc 35 and RS 35s. The sound difference is amazing. I'm pushing them with an older Denon 100 w/channel. Of course they don't keep up with the Belle's in the basement.

That's like a kitten keeping up with a cheetah. [:)]