Suggest a Center Channel....

JFrancis

Howdy. I've been slowly building a system. I have a Denon AVR-2112CI, Klipsch VF-36 fronts, Klipsch VS-14 surrounds, and a cheap Sony sub (that will soon be replaced. I'd like a Klipsch center channel that will match well with the system. It will be cabinet mounted, but there's room for a fairly large speaker (at least to me!!). I'm thinking a RC52 or RC-52ii. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

Since your other speakers are from the Icon series you should get an Icon center.

plus 1

I bought the KC-25 as the VC-25 was no longer available. A brand new VC-25 showed up on ebay a couple of weeks later. I purchased it while still within my return period on the KC-25. I was still very happy with the sound of the KC-25 with my V series fronts.

Thanks. I've been a "lurker" for a while, but decided I needed some specific assistance.

Part of the reason I posted was because I've been having difficulty finding an Icon series center speaker. I was curious what else in the product line might match up fairly well with what I already own. I believe the VC-25 isn't in production any longer, and I haven't found a KC-25 yet, (new or used). And it always seems to be a balancing act in choosing individual components of a multi-component system-- are you buying for the present system or for future expansion/upgrades. Anyway, thanks for the responses and any other suggestions/opinions will be appreciated.

I believe the VC-25 isn't in production any longer, and I haven't found a KC-25 yet, (new or used).

That's correct but I found a brand new VC-25 on ebay. They pop up periodacally. As for the KC-25, you shouldn't have any trouble (unless outside of the states) getting one new as they are exclusive to BB. link I looked at several stores in my area and all but one has stock.

Your dillema was the same as mine and was my original post on this forum. The KC was recommended to me and was what I went with until I found the VC.

are you buying for the present system or for future expansion/upgrades

I purchased for my current system. I can't comment on mixing reference components as I never have but was told to keep my front sound stage within the same series.

I can't comment on mixing reference components as I never have but was told to keep my front sound stage within the same series.

Welcome to the forum! Yes, it is best to match but there are many combination that will sound great if that's not possible.

Thanks for the "look in a BB store" reference. I had only looked at the BB website which showed that model on backorder. I checked the nearest store to me, (I live in a rural area and it's 90 miles away!), and they have one in stock. My wife will be there on business in the very near future, so I'll probably have her pick it up. But, I'm still interested in hearing any opinions on other possibilities.....Now that I've started this quest for that illusive "better" system, I fear I shall be on this road for a long time!

Thanks for the "look in a BB store" reference. I had only looked at the BB website which showed that model on backorder.

That's great! I would imagine due to the KF's being half price on black Friday, a lot of people bought the matching center hence the b/o status.

Now that I've started this quest for that illusive "better" system, I fear I shall be on this road for a long time!

Yeah, with our modest systems it will be a long road. However, after reading so many post on this forum, the journey sounds like an exciting expedition!!

Good luck.............

I have the whole Icon V series with the VC 25 center. It is a great match for the VF 36, VF35 or VB 15. The VB 15 may be an option. Lay it side way?

Very similar power output and frequency range. It may actually be slightly better. The VB 15 can be found fairly easy. Just a thought. I have extra VB 15's if you are interested. The other option is a VF 36 if you do not want to go with the ks 25. It is nice to get another Icon V for timber matching and asthetics, with matching grills. Another forum member modifed a nice RF 7 for a center speaker. I am really impressed with the V series, sounds great. Congrats on your new purchase.

That's great! You did better than me as you don't have to return a KC. Did you find a new one or bid on a good condition used? Either way you'll be happy with the match to your towers. I'm very happy with the crisp dialogue of mine.

It was a "new other" listing, described as an open box. I'm hoping it turns out well as eBay can sometimes be a real roll of the dice. Now I'm thinking about splurging on a Hsu STF-2 sub, but I'm not sure I'll get that by the "ways & means committee"!!

• 1 month later...

OK, so the system is finally done and has been up and running for a while.....I love it!!! Compared to what I had previously, this system is wonderful. It ended up being a Denon AVR-2112ci, VF-36 mains, VC-25 center channel, VS-14 surrounds, and a Hsu STF-2 sub. Thanks to all for your help. This of course, is a work in progress. We'll see what the future brings!