Quad Subs Connection.

neo33

• Moderators

I know with the UMC-1, they designed the output on the sub out to accomodate to be strong enough to accomodate I believe up to 6 subs without losing any signal quality. Use a Y to split the signal into two female ends from your AVR, then use a pair of Y's on the ends of the original Y which will give you 4 female RCA's to run your 4 sub cables from.

This might not be the best approach since if you have two subs at the back of the room, it might be easier to daisey chain them if they have the connections for it on the amp plate.

What do you mean by daisy chain? The amp plate only have a pair of RCAs (and a pair of XLRs) for Crossover and LFE on each sub. Perhaps I can use an external crossover? Is there such a crossover that support four subs?

Some subwoofers like my Velodynes have Line Level INPUT and Line Level OUTPUT so you can come OUT of one sub and IN to another.

Such a thing cannot be accomplished with the Empires. With the Y-splitter solution, does the signal degrade with long wires and too many connections?

I want to place two Empires in the front and two Empires in the back.