B-stock RF-7 II's on eBay

Shodrewken

I actually just bought 2 pair of the B-Stock Heresy-III's in this off-spec Cherry from the same guy. He is a Klipsch Authorized Online dealer (Acoustic Sound Design) because I checked and called him just to make sure before I made the deal.

These were brand new, sequential serial numbered Heresy's, the only B-Stock thing about them is the finish, and that is what the guy told me over the phone.

In terms of look and color they are much darker than the normal cherry Heritage color (same color as used on the cherry wood veneer ref speakers). I have seen LS-II and H-III in the "proper" cherry stain and it was a lighter, more vintage redish-gold color. My Heresy's are a reddish amber brown color. They still look (and sound) really beautiful nonetheless, if you don't mind the darker color (which I don't). Plus I got a good deal on factory-fresh brand new-in-box H-III's under warranty.

I can take pictures if anyone is interested in seeing the finish.

My RF7IIs are B-stock. I was told by the authorized seller it was due to the veneer as well. They are to my eye spotless. I don't even see a differnce in color. At a savings of around $1300.00 it's a no brainer.

cubdog

when you say you don't see a difference in color are you compairing your set to each other or your set being B-stock to factory A stock. A-stock is very light and B-stock is way darker on every set i've seen

go over to ebay and compare them A verses B B is much darker

i would love to see both in person

On closer examination I think you are right. My speakers are difinately darker red. I'm surprized I hadn't noticed before, Oddly, the darker color is closer to what a good aged cherry typically looks like. I have a number of pieces of cherry furniture and they all have a dark rich patina.

cubdog

I took some pictures of my H-III's with the "B-Stock Cherry Finish" FWIW.

I don't know if the RF-7 II's are any different but they're probably close.

Click the links below to see the pictures (ignore the stupid table things they're sitting on for now...LOL).

http://www.paladinet.com/hostpics/H3-1.jpg

http://www.paladinet.com/hostpics/H3-2.jpg

The pictures were taken with my iPhone with bright ambient sunlight from open windows. The finish looks a bit darker when lit by only interior lighting.

The takeaway is this B-Stock Cherry finish floating around out there is most definitely darker than A-Stock.

I called Acoustic Sound Design yesterday and I spoke with Mike Embers, I guess he heads everything up over there. Anyway, he said that he had four pairs of B-stock RF-7 II's right now, and is expecting another shipment of 14 pairs at the end of the month. If I remember correctly he said that Klipsch had sold off over $425,000 worth of B-Stock speakers to authorized Klipsch dealers like his.

Good luck with the purchase. Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the "B" stock veneer? Very sharp looking.

i haven't seen either A or B in person but a guy on A-gon has B's for sale and they don't look to good in the pictures. they probaly do look good in person. i told myself i would never buy main speakers in black but the pictures of a forum members for sale in black with the grills removed are beautiful.