Distance to Keep Between Parallel Speaker Wires?

Mikie

Thinking about moving a few things around but it would require the wires to my Khorn mains to run side by side in a raceway for about 12 feet. I know running wires in parallel is to be avoided but would is it noticable with speaker wires? If so,any rules of thumb about how far should the wires be separated for the affect to be inaudible?

Well, it depends. Are they parallel wires, or are they twisted pair? Twisted pair speaker wires should reject outside fields, but even regular wires would likely not exhibit any issues.

In my setup, the surround and rear surround wires (basic Home Depot 12ga) run together in a plastic split wire loom for over 25 feet with no problems at all, and it looks tidy.

Wires are 12 gauge Home Depot low voltage outdoor wire. Glad to hear that you're not having problems with a 25 foot run - I didn't really want to hassle with separate raceways. Now back to planning the new layout.

How does the capacitance, resistance, etc. of that wire compare to
common speaker wires? I'm not a wire freak, but I'm wondering. In my
experience it is mainly microphone cables that shouldn't be close and
parallel.