RF7ii's in full range + SUB (canceled freqs?)

Beechnut

Well the op question was about canceled freqs. And that question

can only be answered with trial and error. It certainly is possible depending

on speaker placement, sub phase, and how well the avr can manage that.

That’s why my original answer was try both and see how it

sounds to him. Chris (Audyssey) is giving his best answer to a question that is

asked a million times on forums. There isn’t

a right answer here. Only a good starting point that works in a high % of set

ups.

Yeah that really was the question: why crossover mains that are able to run full. I wouldn't run the RC-64 in full because is freq response doesn't really account for it. It's specialized. Home theater is a diff animal than 2ch, that's for sure.

RC-64ii - FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 59Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

RF-7ii - FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30Hz-24KHz ± 3dB

Very true but not much of anything in movies being sent to

the center, and rear channels below that.

K, gonna read through that now.

With my cancelling frequency worries, it was driven by all the crossover discussions in regards to hometheater's with subwoofer's in the system. Just wasn't sure as to the "why" mains are crossed over so high when they are capable of reproducing lower frequencies. Seems to be the prevailing wisdom.

BTW, the RSW-15 is now home. Just got to get it dialed in now. WAF factor has subsided from lvl 10 iritation (as we were carrying it from my vehicle, and placed it on the floor) to a lvl 5'ish. If she only knew how much bigger the PB13 Ultra was.

Oh, and I went with the RSW-15 because I got a GREAT (by all regards) sub @ $750 and I'm working with my living room for a home theater at the moment. I believe once a dedicated room is derived, I'll hit up DIY. (SPUD, Danley DTS-10, TUBA HT...etc...) So great sub for now with good asthetic for the living room....more to follow when a dedicated room is available.

Read up on Audyssey. It measures your speakers in your room and sets everything according to that. My Lascalas were set to 70hz which I thought was too high. I seemed to like them at 40hz. What Audyssey does is measures your speakers and sets the crossover to the -3db point on your mains. With my setting I had a hole from 40hz to 70hz. Audyssey x32 also has a bunch of filters it applies to your sub to integrate it to your mains. We watched movies this weekend and it seemed to sound better and better and I quit wondering what crossover point to use because Audyssey actually measured and set it where it needed to be.

Nezff thanks for chiming in. That shed some light on things and led me to read up on some Audyssey settings.

Btw, Audyssey set the RF7iis to 40hz and the RC64ii to 40hz as well. Bumped te center back to 60 though.

Audyssy always sets my 63s and 64 to 40hz also. I run them at 80hz. I'm not totally positive,so don't quote me, Chris explained one day it's "ok" to bump the over up, but not necessarily down. I could be wrong.

Chris explained one day it's "ok" to bump the over up, but not necessarily down. I could be wrong.

To expound on this: Audyssey measures the actual -3dB rolloff of the speakers in the room, and sets the crossover accordingly. By lowering the XO point from what Audyssey measures, you will have a dip in the response. Moreover, Audyssey will not apply any correction to frequencies below the measured 3dB point.

Chris explained one day it's "ok" to bump the over up, but not necessarily down. I could be wrong.

To expound on this: Audyssey measures the actual -3dB rolloff of the speakers in the room, and sets the crossover accordingly. By lowering the XO point from what Audyssey measures, you will have a dip in the response. Moreover, Audyssey will not apply any correction to frequencies below the measured 3dB point.

This was my assumption