Help requested in placing Chorus II

isadorefarm

Hello,

I just returned from a sizable roadtrip to purchase my first set of Klipsch loudspeakers - a very nice pair of Chorus IIs.

Does anyone have any pointers in properly placing these in a room? Any advice regarding whether they should be close to the wall, far from the wall, in the corners, toed in, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, I love this forum. Matt

When I had mine, I mainly listened to them on the short wall of a 20' x 14' foot room (10' foot ceilings)... and thought they sounded best when they were in a corner and toed in to the listening position (looking into the midrange horn), but away from the walls just a bit. I tried to keep them about 12 inches out from the front wall and about 18 inches from the side walls.

On a couple of occassions when they were on the long wall, I moved them a little closer to the front wall (6" inches or so) and 36"-48" inches in from the corners. In each case they formed about a 12' foot equilateral triangle with my listening position. If I had to choose I'd say they sounded just a bit better on the long wall of the room, with a bigger, wider soundstage. Every room is different, so it's always best to experiment.

Feed them with a good, high-powered, solid state amp and you can't go wrong...

Hello,

I just returned from a sizable roadtrip to purchase my first set of Klipsch loudspeakers - a very nice pair of Chorus IIs.

Does anyone have any pointers in properly placing these in a room? Any advice regarding whether they should be close to the wall, far from the wall, in the corners, toed in, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, I love this forum. Matt

Directly IN YOUR FACE, with as much power as you can afford to own!!!

Thanks for the tips, I've been playing with the placement today and am glad to have a place to start.

gpbusa: I'm glad to see you've also been baptized by Brother Bill Hicks....the man spoke the truth.

The Chorus II (and Forte II) are some of the best that Klipsch has made, particularly when you factor in the price. I'm sure you'll get lots of listening enjoyment out of them. And as others have mentioned, don't be afraid to run some WATTS through them. I had a McIntosh MC7270 (270 watts per channel) at one point and the Chorus II's loved it.

Bill Hicks left us way too soon... not anyone like him around these days.

Colter's Rule - begin placement with the rear of loudspeaker away from wall the sum of diameter of all rear ports or passive radiators. Chorus II = 15" . If you wish corner placement this should allow a couple inches space on either rear corner away from walls. Again, this is a good general starting point.