Just ordered up my rc-64ii!!!

Shodrewken

And I can't wait to get it! Just sold the last of my remaining speakers that I was no longer using, and I am one step closer to completing my home theater setup. I'm ordering the cherry b-stock color from acousticsounddesign.com. I made a best offer and am getting it for $879 shipped, and will hopefully be here by the end of the week. I will post pics once I get it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I can't wait to get it! Just sold the last of my remaining speakers that I was no longer using, and I am one step closer to completing my home theater setup. I'm ordering the cherry b-stock color from acousticsounddesign.com. I made a best offer and am getting it for $879 shipped, and will hopefully be here by the end of the week. I will post pics once I get it.

They told me they were all out of the b-stock RC-64ii and that they would sell me an a-stock for the same price if I bought the RF-7iis as well. It may not matter to you, but you may be getting an a-stock center that is supposedly a much lighter shade of cherry than the b-stock cherry. Just giving you a heads up. I will be ordering all a-stock just for that reason because I want all 3 speakers to match...

wow thats awesome deal. either way. I just got mine on friday from vanns. RC 62ll A stock but i paid list price and 3 day shipping on a 65 lb speaker....total price+ list MSRP +78shipping OUCH....i really wish i would of waited but i guess i did put it on a vanns card but for half of what i paid i would of rather paid cash and been done. Bums me out now. i didnt know you could call and talk with someone over the phone and they'd give you a deal....untill i started on these forums i read aboutall these good deals. Im gonna order from mike i believe when im ready for the RF7ll's and my RS62ll's. i hear he gives some great deals?

When did you speak with them? I called up Mike Embers today and he said that they had some
B-stock cherry veneer in stock. Hmm, I'll have to call again tomorrow to verify.

I spoke with Mke and Eric on two seperate occasions last week and they said that. They said that then I asked so what about your ebay ads with all bstock? They said they just leave that on there and send an a stock center instead. They also told me that they were getting more bstock RF-7iis this week but no RC-64ii bstock. Maybe that has changed since last week. Let me know what you find out because if they do have the bstock center I may go that route because I prefer the darker cherry.

Well for the b-stock items you can make your best offer and then they'll send you an e-mail saying what the lowest they will go and send you a link that has a form you can fill out with your info and the special price they quoted you. Well I just might have to opt for a black veneer if they cant do the b-stock color. I wonder how big a difference there is between the two?

Well for the b-stock items you can make your best offer and then they'll send you an e-mail saying what the lowest they will go and send you a link that has a form you can fill out with your info and the special price they quoted you. Well I just might have to opt for a black veneer if they cant do the b-stock color. I wonder how big a difference there is between the two?

I did that (best offer) but I got a better quote over the phone. Just from looking at pictures on here of a and bstock RF-7iis it does look to be quite a few shades different. I think it would be a very noticable difference in person. You should give them a call for sure to see what you are really getting.

You already ordered the fronts in cherry bstock so I'm not sure if you'd want to go with the black center. The astock cherry may still be a better match than black and cherry but that would be your preferance. Hopefully they got more bstock rc-64iis and this won't be an issue!

• Moderators

Boy, that necklace you're getting for your wife for Valentine's Day is getting bigger every day!

No doubt! That was funny Mark. [:D]

Cviper, congrats on the new purchase. You will love the RC-65ii. Absolute monster of a center. I knew the measurements of the RC-64 prior to ordering it but when I picked it up at the dealer, brought it home and unpacked it, I was like DANG! It was as wide as my theater chair. Now that's what I call a center channel. [:D]

Boy, that necklace you're getting for your wife for Valentine's Day is getting bigger every day! Devil

I'm sure there is something nice for her in the very near future....... cause your're gonna want matching surrounds now!

You really have me curious now as I'm wondering if I put a wedding picture as my avatar if my wife will stop saying NO! I bet she wouldn't want everyone pointing at her saying "There's that poor guy that gets shot down by his wife on every upgrade he is considering" (I hope she doesn't see this) Might be my last post.[W]

Boy, that necklace you're getting for your wife for Valentine's Day is getting bigger every day! Devil

I'm sure there is something nice for her in the very near future....... cause your're gonna want matching surrounds now!

You really have me curious now as I'm wondering if I put a wedding picture as my avatar if my wife will stop saying NO! I bet she wouldn't want everyone pointing at her saying "There's that poor guy that gets shot down by his wife on every upgrade he is considering" (I hope she doesn't see this) Might be my last post.Wilted Flower

It's worked for me so far [:D]

Cviper what's the status on your center? Did they have the Bstock?

Just called Mike, he said that there's a good chance it is indeed A-stock cherry color. He told me that they did have a few b-stock color left the other day but if they ran out, they automatically bump it up to the a-stock color. Which is fine I guess but I would of liked to of known before they shipped it out so I could of seen if I could of waited a little bit longer to get the darker cherry color.

Cviper what's the status on your center? Did they have the Bstock?

Just called Mike, he said that there's a good chance it is indeed A-stock cherry color. He told me that they did have a few b-stock color left the other day but if they ran out, they automatically bump it up to the a-stock color. Which is fine I guess but I would of liked to of known before they shipped it out so I could of seen if I could of waited a little bit longer to get the darker cherry color.

It's cool that they bump it up to Astock for the same price but they should at least inform you about it first to make sure that's waht you want. Let us know what happens. Either way you are going to have an awesome setup!

Thanks guys! And really it's just nit picking when it comes down to it, i feel super lucky to be in a position to get them, and grateful to have a wife who will put up with my "hobby". My mains will just be darker than my center but it will still be an awesome setup. UPS says it'll be here tomorrow so I'll post picks once I get it.

Thanks guys! And really it's just nit picking when it comes down to it, i feel super lucky to be in a position to get them, and grateful to have a wife who will put up with my "hobby". My mains will just be darker than my center but it will still be an awesome setup. UPS says it'll be here tomorrow so I'll post picks once I get it.

I don't really think it's nit picking to want your speakers to match but thats my opinion. Like you said though, it's still going be awesome! Congrats