New Klipsch owner..

throttlemeister

Hi all, I am very new here. I just got myself a great deal on a pair of RB-61's and a RC42II for my HT setup that I am slowly building up. I once had the privilege to listen to a pair of Klischhorns and they absolutely positively blew me away. Not in my budget though, for the next 100 years orso. :) That session years ago was my primary drive to get Klipsch for my HT though. Not that I had the illusion that the RB series would sound the same as the big bad boys, but I fell in love with the bright, clear open sound stage Klipsch speakers have.

Anyway. I am driving these speakers with my Yamaha RX-V671 receiver, which is connected to my Pany 50" plasma. For the surround effect channels I use (don't freak) a pair of unused Promedia satellites. These will eventually be replaced by something more appropiate, but you can't always buy everything at the same time. :) The deep end of the frequency curve is handled by a BK Elec XXLS400 down firing sub, which goes deep enough and has enough power to make the concrete floors of my living room vibrate.

My movies I serve from a Mac mini running plex, which works great and most music through iTunes on the same mac.

This whole set, while not perfect, is surprisingly balanced and sounds really great. Sound stage with is bright and open and all the details are coming out. With movies, it just blows you away. These smallish speakers really give a dynamic experience that pulls you into the movie.

I was a bit torn between the RB61 and the RB81, but with the subwoofer I have I don't really need the extra bass and with the deal I could get the decision was easy. The choice for the RC42II center more based on space. My plasma is not hanging on the wall, and I don't want the center to lay on the cabinet in front of it. Just looks like crap. The only center that would fit the cabinet however was the baby center of the three. I am sure the RC62 would have been great, but the 42 does really, really well in combination with the RB61's.

I was a tiny bit worried, as I took a bit of a chance and bought them without hearing them first, but they are delivering everything I thought (and hoped) they would.

Very nice project. I am a big fan of DIY! I wanted to briefly share the following information for you and others about some stands I bought when I was putting a little system together for my dad.

I bought 2 pairs of stands in the garage sale section for $40 a pair which includes shipping, and they are very nice looking and solid. He has over a hundred pairs available. On them are a pair of Frazier Monte Carlos and a pair of Frazier Super Midgets. They are not quite as beefy looking as yours, but are adequate, and at a hell of a price. Here is the link for future http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/156760.aspx?PageIndex=1.

IMG_0703.jpg