Got an itch that needs scratching..........

TasDom

I've really got the upgrade bug bad! I'm getting a pretty good chunk back from uncle sam (nice for a change) and contemplating a pair of RF7II's and a RC64 to replace my humble system. After all the recent post I have read thru, the bug keeps getting worse. I see some members that have recently bought "B" stock and the prices appear to be a great deal. I just got a quote from my local distributor and he is extremely competitive on "A" grade. He might waive the sales tax based on the internet competition.

He quoted:

RF7II @ 1178.00 ea.

RC64 @ 998.00 ea.

RS62 @ 415.00 ea.

Does this look like a good deal? I looked at used as well on AG and others but I really like the idea of having a full warranty. The other thing I am wondering is if my Pioneer will sufice until I make that upgrade route.

As always, I appreciate all thoughts and advice.

I've really got the upgrade bug bad! I'm getting a pretty good chunk back from uncle sam (nice for a change) and contemplating a pair of RF7II's and a RC64 to replace my humble system. After all the recent post I have read thru, the bug keeps getting worse. I see some members that have recently bought "B" stock and the prices appear to be a great deal. I just got a quote from my local distributor and he is extremely competitive on "A" grade. He might waive the sales tax based on the internet competition.

He quoted:

RF7II @ 1178.00 ea.

RC64 @ 998.00 ea.

RS62 @ 415.00 ea.

Does this look like a good deal? I looked at used as well on AG and others but I really like the idea of having a full warranty. The other thing I am wondering is if my Pioneer will sufice until I make that upgrade route.

It looks like a decent deal. There are better deals out there
though. I got my A stock RF-7IIs and RC-64II for 3k. ASD gave me a quote and
Vanns price matched them. I talked to Steven at Vanns and he's who did the price match. If I were you, I'd get a quote from ASD before you pull the trigger at your local dealer. See if he'll price match

He quoted:

RF7II @ 1178.00 ea.

RC64 @ 998.00 ea.

RS62 @ 415.00 ea.

I second talking with ASD! After seeing gsxr1000's rf-7 II's and determining that they are a-stock cherry finish you can get one heck of a deal from them. All said and done I got my rf-7 II's and rc-64 II's for $2878. If you are gonna get them I'd do it soon, dunno how much longer these good deals will last.

I second talking with ASD!

I'll give them a call tomorrow. Sounds like they will negotiate somewhat. I like buying local but in today's economy every buck counts.

All said and done I got my rf-7 II's and rc-64 II's for $2878.

Did you determine if you got both in A or B stock? Regardless they look fantastic and my media console is similiar to yours.

Thanks for the compliment! I've determined that they all are A-stock cherry. Good luck to you and your purchase, I hope your able to get a sweet deal!

Nice setup! Im a "Full timer" as well, in Michigan. Funny. At least were paid enough to keep up this habit ;)

Thanks for the compliment! I've determined that they all are A-stock cherry. Good luck to you and your purchase, I hope your able to get a sweet deal!

Nice setup! Im a "Full timer" as well, in Michigan. Funny. At least were paid enough to keep up this habit ;)

Oh very nice, how long have you been with them?

Oh very nice, how long have you been with them?

8.5 years so far

• 3 weeks later...

Well my new RF7II's and RC64 are sitting here all nice and pretty still in the boxes. I wanted to wait until I got a good pre/pro and amp before I set them up....I'm so dying to hear them!

I stopped into 2 of my local audio stores and they are clearing out some demo's and previous models.

The first is an Integra DTR7.7 that they are asking 300.00

The other store has an Onkyo TX-SR806 and also asking 300.00

Both have pre outs but the Integra only has 2 HDMI connections. I've never bought either brands before but I know a lot of forum members here are familiar with both.

Anyways, I just wanted some opinions on these deals and how they might integrate into my new purchase......

Thanks as always...!

With those choices just keep the Pioneer and save up for a unit that would do your fine speakers justice.

Thanks Fish. I just got done reading the specs and some reviews and couldn't agree more. I'm really leaning towards Marantz but you know these salesmen make it sound like a fantastic deal.