100,000th post

fini

The historic 100,000th post on this amazing forum is fast approaching, and I was wondering who that poster might be, what topic, etc. Will there be a celebration?

Thanks to Klipsch for providing such a well used and informative hangout for all of us. I know BobG has in the past said that it is we posters that make this BB what it is, and it is a great group (almost 10,000 strong), but without Klipsch's support, and their light (editorial) hand, we'd all be somewhere else.

To quote Mdeneen, "Cheers!"

fini

I was going to try & be the one.Call the post "100,000th poster should recive a free pair of k-horns".I think its fair.It would probably be justin if he's back in time

------------------

Main's-JVC

Center-Fisher

Suround's-Fisher

DVD Player-Panasonic

Receiver-Sony

TV-Philphs 30 inch

Sub-I pretend I have a 7 foot SVS tower of power like HornEd.

-In storage-(not for long)

1973 Walnut Cornwalls

198? Walnut Hersey II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

1 KSW 15

Hell yeah should be some cool present for the 100,000th post like a pair of heritage speakers or

something that would be cool Justin has the most

odds of hitting it hehhe. A nice pair of Herseys would

do me fine Smile.gif hint hint lol j.k this board has alot of

good people and its all the more reason i own klipsch

and enjoy them day in and out.. Keep it up guys..

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Harman Kardon AVR-510 Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

pwk.gif

R.I.P. Paul W. Klipsch THE LEGEND! 3/9/04 - 5/5/02

quote:

Originally posted by iwillwalk:

I was going to try & be the one.Call the post "100,000th poster should recive a free pair of k-horns".I think its fair.It would probably be justin if he's back in time

I am back, and would love to make that post! wonder what I could get out of it haha. in the promedia forum, the person who guessed closest to the release of the 5.1 got one! what a deal :0

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

O.K. moderators!! Who was it that made the magic post!! We need to know!!

When I logged on it was at 99,996 and I quickly put in about three posts willy-nilly... When I check it again it said 100,003! So who was it!

i know it was not me Smile.gif dang. Frown.gif well, actually i dont know... haha, ignore this post Smile.gif felt i needed to get my smilies back in gear Smile.gif I have been away and it seems they were missed Biggrin.gif LoL! oh yeah, LoL also.

so, it WAS me right? I DID make the 100,000th post and you ARE going to send me some heritage speakers and i WILL enjoy them... hmmm... maybe i can put that on a song, only backwards, play it and they will get teh subliminal message that they need to give me some speakers Smile.gif LoL!cwm41.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

If they can identify it with an ISP then here's mine. fuse.net

Come on BobG!! Hey SteveP, you remember your ol' buddies don't ya!

no. what would work is the IP address. with UBB you can log IP's, just a matter of the webmaster going into the moderator control panel and going to the IP at the time of the 100,000th post and seeing the user that logged in with that IP and your a winner! however, finding what TIME the 100,000th post was posted is a whole other issue. My bulletin board software that i use, VERY similar to UBB, does not have this on it, so i am not sure that they will be able to find it.

however, through research done by myself and my team of highly experienced techi's, we have found that the 100,000th post was from the IP 24.174.4.183 and the server host was one web-server.houston.rr.com ... wait! that is me! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Guest BobG

Well, I've consulted the Webmaster (after climbing the mountain of course) only to find that knowing which post was the 100,000th is, like the secret of life, unknowable. I guess some things are better left a mystery. Ooooooommmmm.

Sorry all you "present" minded 100,000 post candidates... Frown.gif it looks like the only present is the Ooooooommmmmnipresent state of our fearless, mountain climbing Administrator.

May thy morning's Yak Butter Tea and Monkfish offer karmic relief of residual climbing stress, O' Sage Bob of Gee!

Phew... Ooooooommmmm outa here before the karma of that comment catches me... cwm36.gif -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 05-23-2002 at 09:12 AM

Guest Webmaster

Sorry. I wish I could find out, but the problem is that everytime someone posts, it updates the overall count in a text file. The posts themselves though, are numbered relative to the topic it is posted under rather than to all of the posts under other topics.

If I had to guess, I would say that the 100,000th post was probably one of Justin's since he posts about 100 times a day. That is just a guess though and is not an official proclamation, haha.

Sorry I could not tell you which post was the 100,000th post.

quote:

Originally posted by Webmaster:

If I had to guess, I would say that the 100,000th post was probably one of Justin's since he posts about 100 times a day.

Yep he is quit the forum *****. cwm27.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1