Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Hey, thanks everyone for the recent activiy and 'chili' activities ! I have never made it myself, but, a vegetarian version may be coming!!! Meanwhile, enjoy yourselves and lets see some of those photos from START to SERVING ok ???

..............Gary

Gary,

Maybe I can conjure up a veggie chili for ya!! Lemme make a few batches and I'll let ya know. I have some ideas...

David

Ok David, I look forward to that...

My VEGAN Swedish Meatballs are posted further back in this forum. NO dairy, NO meat and I put this all together for a dinner party of MEAT EATERS and they were floored that it would be so convincing [Y]

....later

Ok David, I look forward to that...

My VEGAN Swedish Meatballs are posted further back in this forum. NO dairy, NO meat and I put this all together for a dinner party of MEAT EATERS and they were floored that it would be so convincing Yes

....later

Almost have it perfected (I think)

Another thought for the week, how about some homemade Jambalaya? Recipe suggestions?

Good HALLOWEEN evening fellow foodies !

I just had to post my brand new wine delivery........ [Y]

As Boxx says, its a great day when vino shows up at the doorstep [:D]

Enjoy the display......

....which bottle to open tonight? [;)]

.......Gary

post-23544-13819823573188_thumb.jpg

Texas Red batch number two is under way.

I changed up the recipe a little bit. I bought the same low fat (7% fat) ground beef but rather than stew meat I got a London Broil and carved it up in to small pieces. It's on sale this week and was cheaper than stew meat. I thought that using the stew meat even after 8 hours in the slow cooker left a few pieces that were a bit on the "chewy" side. Hopefully the London Broil will result in a falls apart tenderness.

What's surprising me is that this batch is considerably hotter than the last batch. I don't know why. I used the same ingredients spice wise in the same proportions. HMMM...

I thought the last batch could have stood a little more "zing" and considered adding a few chilpotle peppers (roasted jalapenos) and adobo sauce to kick it up a bit. I'm now glad I didn't do that. Had I it would have been uneatable. Even for me. And I like really hot foods. To a point.

The "intake" end of my digestive tract really likes hot foods although the ouput end doesn't share that opinion.

The next couple of days are probably not a good time to hang out at my house. Unless of course you have no sense of smell, like good Chili, and enjoy a glass or two of a decent IPA.

Two hours in and under way:

Posted Image

Six or eight hours to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there fellow foodies! Well, today was the annual trek to a fine home filled with musicians and faculty from a few note worthy colleges here in the NorthEast... But, lets start with our contribution to this very fine potluck Thanksgiving dinner...

I didn't get the compositional photos of Chris' creamed onion dish, but here is a photo of the finished product just before packing off...

post-23544-13819824707336_thumb.jpg