Fine Food and Music

Boxx

In this photo, our VINO selection for this dish, of course, we didn't think about a bottle of white, but we are such RED wine lovers that we sometimes miss the chance to include a fine white.... maybe next time ?

Thanks so much for the compliments on the photos, and for stopping by..........more to come soon.

Anyone else ? Lets see some of your Fine Food [:D]

........Gary

post-23544-13819735663698_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819766348488_thumb.jpg

post-23544-1381979330607_thumb.jpg

GREAT BOXX! I am excited about your fish dish and look forward to the photos. I would feel free to use the Klipsch uploader if you are comfortable with it (as I am here)...

Be checking back again later....

I leave about 6:00pm. for the setup - soundcheck, so I would not see your postings until Sunday morning, or, evening if you elect to do up your dish tomorrow night. It will be a simple from scratch pasta for us tomorrow night. Photos for SURE, not to mention another new WINE from Laithwaites [Y]

Have fun in that beautiful kitchen [H]

........Gary

• 4 weeks later...

A closeup of our wine selection for this dish...

Just a short photo tour, but it was time to add to this forum... Feel free to hit your kitchens up for a fine dish of yours to post here, in Find Food and Music...

Truly,

Gary

post-23544-13819738258862_thumb.jpg

post-23544-1381976891522_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819795957046_thumb.jpg

A closeup of our wine selection for this dish...

Just a short photo tour, but it was time to add to this forum... Feel free to hit your kitchens up for a fine dish of yours to post here, in Find Food and Music...

Truly,

Gary

Great photo's Gary.... It looks like a very tasty meal....

Thanks for checking in Boxx...........Yes, it was very good. As you know, on certain nights, you just want to heat something up, and Whole Foods always has some great inspiration in the display case that one MUST bring home [:)] So, I don't mind sharing a bit of HIGH quality dinners made by someone 'else' now and then...

I think SUNDAY will be an Italian dish, pasta of some kind and my sister will be coming by. Like me, she is a lover of garlic, so that surely will be a major ingredient in the dish. Keep you posted...

........Gary

• 1 month later...

Dump 2 or 3 cans of cut green beans, 2 cans of new potatoes (halved) and a pound of ham steak (cubed) in to the old crock pot. Throw in a couple of teaspoons of powdered chicken stock, a tablespoon of Nature's Seasons and a tablespoon of Lawry's seasoning. I like to toss in a coursely chopped onion but many who make this dish don't.

About 4 hours on "high" and another 6 or 8 (or more) hours on "low" and you're in for a traditional southern treat. Best served with some really good cornbread and a big glass of sweet tea. I also like to add salad of light greens and a VERY ripe sliced tomato dressed with XVOO on the side.

Here it is just getting under way... Posted Image

I'm looking forward to completion.

Dump 2 or 3 cans of cut green beans, 2 cans of new potatoes (halved) and a pound of ham steak (cubed) in to the old crock pot. Throw in a couple of teaspoons of powdered chicken stock, a tablespoon of Nature's Seasons and a tablespoon of Lawry's seasoning. I like to toss in a coursely chopped onion but many who make this dish don't.

About 4 hours on "high" and another 6 or 8 (or more) hours on "low" and you're in for a traditional southern treat. Best served with some really good cornbread and a big glass of sweet tea. I also like to add salad of light greens and a VERY ripe sliced tomato dressed with XVOO on the side.

Here it is just getting under way... Beansham.jpg

I'm looking forward to completion.

Now this looks tasty... I enjoy using the crockpot...

Thanks! I have high hopes for the outcome.

I love sophisticated "big buck" cuisine as much as the next guy.
Maybe more.

I also have an appreciation for your basic foods. The cheap stuff. Some would
call it "soul food". No matter what you call it it's good eats.

There was a time when the first wife and I lived on beans and rice. Every now
and again we got to add a little bit of meat to that but by and large our
sole source of protein was legumes. We survived. And procreated. Go figure?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there JHOAK, just checking in at LONG LAST to see what has been goin' on here on Fine Food and Music... Thanks for the addition of your Crock potted dish............what was the outcome ? Photos of the plated dish ?

DO send along so we can see [:D]

.......Gary

Hello fellow foodies. I know its been a LONG time since I have posted from this kitchen. However, tonight, I wanted to try my hand at something I have never done before!! Chris bought some VERY nice and pricey scallops of a huge size. Most around 2.5 to 3" in diam. !

So lets begin....

Tonight was grilled skewers with the scallops, grape tomatoes and baby bella mushrooms...

Here, some of the ingredients on the bamboo cutting board.................

(don't mind the CHEAP 8" chef's knife.............I bought this one down in N.C. will visiting my dad, as my GOOD knives are being serviced at the factory)

post-23544-13819800769904_thumb.jpg