Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Thanks Brac for the comment on the salad! There is a billboard that we have gone by a couple days in a row due to our work travels. Its for a high end restaurant in Worcester MA. It is called 'Via' and I was SHOCKED to see the next day (after I made that salad) the EXACT caprese salad on the billboard ! There are so many arrangements for this, but its the same slices and such as you saw here. SO, I will get a photo of the billboard and post it here soon [Y]

Meanwhile, I have coming up NEXT: A FRESH saute of WILD Porcini mushrooms added to the mushroom pasta dish LEFTOVER from the other night as you saw in the photo essay...

Stand by....

Ok, tonight we had the mushroom pasta as leftovers. Here is what we did to 'spruce' it up a bit... Chris stopped by the store and picked up some wild porcini mushrooms (the AIN'T cheap!) and some baby bellas too.... I SLICED up 6 cloves of fresh garlic, added that to the saute pan with XVOO, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper...

Tossed in the mushrooms for a longish saute.... Simply through TWO plates of the leftover pasta into TWO microwaves (we have one at each workstation) and heated the dishes...

Later, poured the freshly saute'd shrooms over each warmed plate, added fresh parsley and sheep's milk cheese and here you have the setting...

post-23544-13819711356326_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819734068088_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819764027826_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819790833288_thumb.jpg

......and a VERY close look....... This tasted VERY nice after sitting in the fridge for a couple days and then being freshened up still further with the new mushrooms....... VINO, Franzia Cab, my usual week day adult beverage [Y]

Hope you enjoyed the simple leftovers with fresh 'enhancements' ....

............Gary

post-23544-13819711357736_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819734069698_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819764029636_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819790834978_thumb.jpg

And Gary does it again....even the leftovers looked marvelous! If it wasn't so far of a drive, I'd offer to be your official food taster. My cousin is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. When he was living in Vegas, he made dinner while i was visiting and it's amazing how much better food tastes when prepared by someone that knows what they're doing. Good job my friend.

Thanks so much Steve for stopping by...........and for your lovely comments concerning the leftovers too [Y] Ok on food prepped by a real CHEF ! (cooks are unschooled...........chefs ARE) Bet it was wonderful [:)]

More to come.....

..................G

HEY everyone! I have more photos coming up from TONIGHT's dinner... I am doing my FIRST Matzo Ball SOUP, and it is simmering right this minute!

Stand by for photos later on this evening [:D]

...........Gary