Fine Food and Music

Boxx

For some bizarre reason I felt the need to “splurge” a little before I wrote the check that pretty much cleans out my savings account. You’re very welcome Uncle Sam. Happy to do my part. (NOT!) [:(]

The meal is pretty basic actually but one of my all time favorites.

Posted Image

A big bowl of steamed mussels in a light pressed garlic and drawn butter sauce. A nice salad of organic spring greens with locally grown vine ripe tomatoes, a pinch of shaved parmesan and dressed with XVOO & balsamic vinegar. A couple of slices of garlic toast with some “Italian butter” to dip the bread in.

Wash it all down with a glass or two or three of a decent (but VERY cheap) California Shiraz and I’ll sleep pretty well tonight. Sorry but no fancy “place setting” photo as I’m eating at the coffee table in front of the TV this evening.

I’ve oft times found that the very simplest of meals are quite often the very best.

Bon appétit my friends…

For some bizarre reason I felt the need to “splurge” a little before I wrote the check that pretty much cleans out my savings account. You’re very welcome Uncle Sam. Happy to do my part. (NOT!) Sad

The meal is pretty basic actually but one of my all time favorites.

Dinner-1.jpg

A big bowl of steamed mussels in a light pressed garlic and drawn butter sauce. A nice salad of organic spring greens with locally grown vine ripe tomatoes, a pinch of shaved parmesan and dressed with XVOO & balsamic vinegar. A couple of slices of garlic toast with some “Italian butter” to dip the bread in.

Wash it all down with a glass or two or three of a decent (but VERY cheap) California Shiraz and I’ll sleep pretty well tonight. Sorry but no fancy “place setting” photo as I’m eating at the coffee table in front of the TV this evening.

I’ve oft times found that the very simplest of meals are quite often the very best.

Bon appétit my friends…

Mussels.. now that sounds good... Enjoy...

But, due to a lack of counter space and being to smart to spends that kind of money on something that keeps water at a certain temperature. Here is my Sous Vide machine. We have an on-demand water heater, so if I want the water out of the tap to be 125 degrees, that's what I set it to.

post-28352-13819693514702_thumb.jpg

Mussels.. now that sounds good... Enjoy...

They were and I did.

I enjoy a 15+ year relationship with the local fish monger. He emails me whenever something "exceptional" turns up. Usually it's really good Ahi tuna or swordfish steaks. From time to time he snags some really good salmon.

No matter what he's trying to sell at any given time I try my best to support a small local business. Lord knows the local Wal-Mart won't be selling anything even close.

some of the salmon remains raw and gets wrapped in the cucumber along with avocado and cream cheese. The rest of the salmon gets sealed in a bag along with some clarified butter infused with fresh dill.

post-28352-13819693516232_thumb.jpg

Lot's of excellent posts today....

Here is one quick shot of tonights fare.

In the skillet is Italian sausage, tomatoes, onions, garlic and fregula (a Sardinian toasted pasta).

To be topped with pecorino romano grated cheese.

Also a side salad with arugula....

Wine, before, during and after....

DSC_0001.jpg?t=1334622588

before I wrote the check that pretty much cleans out my savings account. You’re very welcome Uncle Sam. Happy to do my part. (NOT!) Sad

I can relate...[:#]

Bruce

This great food is making me really hungry! Nice job everyone, really nice! [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y]

OH MY !! I posted before even checking the GREAT posts from you all tonight! The dishes look great and I am SO happy to see you all doing it up in your kitchens!! Jhoak, good to see you back, Brac, I NEVER thought of using thinly sliced cuke as a sushi wrap, wild stuff there [:)]

Marvel, (founder of RTM) thanks for stopping in !! Ok, I must now continue adding my dinner from last night for you all.... Here is ingredients #2....

post-23544-1381969354226_thumb.jpg