Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Ok, ok..........here is my source of vino DURING the week and each night with dinner and afterward.... The weekend is a different story, Friday through Sunday we open FINE bottles from our wine club (Laithwaites).

Hope you enjoyed tonight's dinner feature, and stay tuned for more [:)]

Meanwhile, get inspired, COOK and take lots of photos and post them HERE [Y]

'Til next time...........

..........Gary

post-23544-13819693318266_thumb.jpg

I came in LATE from work, missed the prep that Chris had started, but here, I was able to capture the already started garlic-onion-rosemary saute heating in the 12" pan..

How can you go wrong with garlic/onion/and rosemary together???

Ok, ok..........here is my source of vino DURING the week and each night with dinner and afterward.... The weekend is a different story, Friday through Sunday we open FINE bottles from our wine club (Laithwaites).

Hope you enjoyed tonight's dinner feature, and stay tuned for more Smile

Meanwhile, get inspired, COOK and take lots of photos and post them HERE Yes

'Til next time...........

..........Gary

Gary, Another set of wonderful photo's... Please tell Chris how much I enjoy his "expertise" in the kitchen. The meal looks (and I'm sure it tasted) fantastic.

More later... Boxx

Hello Boxx. Well, I have Chris 'hooked up' with an ICON on his desktop now so he can click and check out the photos AND your lovely comments too [:D]

Coming up NEXT: A simple Whole Foods dinner of..................

Zucchini Parmesan Latkes and a Carrot Tzimmes for the side.

Check it out !

........Gary

Here, a photo of the Carrot Tzimmes..............a nice, somewhat 'winter' dish... Sweet potato, carrots, figs, apricots and prunes with a sweet glaze of honey and juice of oranges ! This is placed in a Corning glass dish and INTO the microwave for a quick warmup...

post-23544-13819693373936_thumb.jpg

Here is a lovely Syrah from Portugal, thanks to our wine club...............this vino is SO good, that I took a last glass of it with me to the studio here, and am enjoying it as I post these dinner photos [Y]

I hope you enjoyed this 'pre fab' dinner I put together from Whole Foods.

Sunday evening will bring another PASTA dish.............we have been trying to capture the tastes/flavours of a mushroom sauce that our local Italian haunt (Joe's Spagetti House) has been serving for years. Lets see if I can come close! [;)]

Until Sunday night...............all for now

...........Gary

post-23544-1381969337677_thumb.jpg

Here, a photo of the Carrot Tzimmes..............a nice, somewhat 'winter' dish... Sweet potato, carrots, figs, apricots and prunes with a sweet glaze of honey and juice of oranges ! This is placed in a Corning glass dish and INTO the microwave for a quick warmup...

Gary, looks good... Thanks for the Corning reference... [H]

Thank YOU StewMan, thanks for stopping by, AND, the VINO is wonderful !! Your family can be proud my man! [:D] , and Rick, I didn't even think about the reference to your town... But, glad I did [;)]

We have PLENTY of it.... The late partner for the company I work for gave me HIS set of Corning Ware, and then my boss and president of the business gave me a very nice set of Corning as a house warming gift when I moved into my first apartment back in 1995..................THEN, when Chris and I bought this house, he brought his clear glass set, one of which you you see in the photo. So, there is PLENTY in the cabinets for our use [Y]

I was thinking of starting to put up photos of the collections of kitchen tools etc. here for all to see. From the French nesting PREP bowls, to the knife collection. Stay tuned [;)]

..........Gary

The risotto looked great, reminded me it's almost time to order some of this years Morel harvest!***********Gary, I was looking at the Lamson knife website, looks like good stuff but I can't buy a knife I have never seen. I'll have to post a pic of the spalted maple drawer mounted knife block I made. We really like our forschners, and cutco.

Meanwhile, I put together a nice little nosh to get us started..........mixed olives of ALL kinds, along with a fine cheese and rosemary cracker..

Gary, Do you generally purchase your olives at "Whole Foods" or do you go to another speciality (gourmet) store? I personally enjoy a mixture of various olives when dinning. Your selection looks delicious.

Here is a lovely Syrah from Portugal, thanks to our wine club...............this vino is SO good, that I took a last glass of it with me to the studio here, and am enjoying it as I post these dinner photos Yes

I hope you enjoyed this 'pre fab' dinner I put together from Whole Foods.

Sunday evening will bring another PASTA dish.............we have been trying to capture the tastes/flavours of a mushroom sauce that our local Italian haunt (Joe's Spagetti House) has been serving for years. Lets see if I can come close! Wink

Until Sunday night...............all for now

...........Gary

Excellent choice of vino. Also, another selection of great dinner photo's. Thanks for posting.

Good luck with the mushroom sauce challenge. I'll be watching and taking down notes so as to give it a try myself...