Fine Food and Music

Boxx

And for the FINAL photo of this little Italian 'tour', our vino selection.............. A very nice red wine which our Christmas dinner guests had brought in December. It was high time to crack this bottle open! VERY tasty for this dish.. [:D]

Hope you enjoyed this one...............until next time...........hope this inspired you, so COOK and take plenty of photos to post right here on Fine Food and music [Y]

............all best wishes

..................Gary

post-23544-13819691349916_thumb.jpg

Gary, You're like a movie (i mean that as a compliment). You're table settings, the food...the aura seems pretty cool. hard to believe that people actually live that...makes my eating fast food 360 days of the year appear exactly as it is...very pathetic. But, way to go my friend...once again, i'm impressed. Regards, Steve

Thanks so much Steve for stopping by for a look.

Your compliments are always appreciated. Yeah, I hear you, my fast food madnesses are usually my lunches when I am NOT bringing my leftovers from dinners into work.

Usually good fast food choices for me are, veggie burgs from Burger King (bottled water, NO sodas), the veggie flat bread (I get that without cheese) and the sinful hash browns at Dunkin Donuts, or a Veggie delight at Subway. All in moderation and not daily...

Ok, again, thank you and stay tuned to see whats cookin' up next around here [:)]

.............Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Good TUESDAY evening to everyone..... Tonight, we decided to do up a dinner provided by Whole Foods. So lets start with the home created salad. Nice organic arugula, tomatoes and yellow sweet pepper topped with organic thyme...

post-23544-1381969180534_thumb.jpg

And as always, the salad course is LAST. Here it is dressed with XVOO, a very nice FIG balsamic vinegar, RED salt, fresh ground pepper.

There you have it in SHORT...... our little Tuesday evening dinner...

Some home prepared, some prepared by WF [:)]

Hope you enjoyed the tour.................lets see whats cookin' in YOUR kitchens

'til next time.

...............Gary

post-23544-13819691808704_thumb.jpg

Good TUESDAY evening to everyone..... Tonight, we decided to do up a dinner provided by Whole Foods. So lets start with the home created salad. Nice organic arugula, tomatoes and yellow sweet pepper topped with organic thyme...

Hey Gary... Great photo's... (please forgive me if I have asked before) Did you know that Whole Foods originated in Austin, Texas? I recently went to their "flagship" store, in downtown Austin, and it is a true DELIGHT.

I had always thought that Central Market had the upper hand on "Whole Foods" until I went to the store in Austin.... What an experience...

Now where were we???

• Moderators

I usually read and look here but almost never comment, but feel like I need to say something you do such a nice job.

It's great to see someone with the love of cooking and taking the time to do such a nice job of it. Always nicely done, I say love because you have to love it, it's really alot of work to plan, shop and finally cook it with a great presentation, it can only be love.

Very well done. [H]

Hi there DTEL !

Good to have you here poking around the foodie photos [:)] Thanks so much for your very nice compliments, and yes, you are right, it is a love and a bit of work to get those photos just right DURING the creation of some dishes. [;)]

However, sharing is a big part of it and hopefully to inspire other food lovers to get creative and post their dishes too.

So many dinners go by un-mentioned over the weeks, but I decided to include some of our Whole Foods choices on occasion.

Perhaps you may have some great dishes from YOUR region that you may wish to share?

Boxx, good to see you here as always, as I know you have posted some great dishes in the past and hopefully will again when you get the time. Yes, you did mention the Whole Foods flagship store in Austin, and ever since you mentioned it (because I didn't know that fact, and have learned something new) I now think of you and your state when I see the address on some of the packaging when it arrives here at home [Y] .

All for now.

.........Gary

• Moderators

Perhaps you may have some great dishes from YOUR region that you may wish to share?

Well I have been cooking differently for months now, we started a diet so I don't cook like I did in the past. It's more like just a change in what we eat and how often. It's alot of vegetables and less carbs and leaner meats.

I have been smoking and grilling alot of the meat, mostly because I love smoked meats and the flavors it adds. I also like experimenting with different seasonings for marinating, mostly for skinless chicken. I put it in gallon zip lock bags marinating in the frig for a few days before cooking or smoking. I say experimenting because in the past I never made any notes of what seasoning I was trying, only in the last week or so I started somewhat keeping track of ingredients so if i find something really good I can repeat it. I always do this with chicken because it is really hard to get flavor into the chicken even with injecting it was tough, but marinating helps.

I have to say the change is working, we both lost weight and feel better and the food is just as good so it has been great.

This is the first time I have ever tried eating like this or any kind of diet, but as I got older 54 now, I had to do something I was #280 and even at 6'3" I was feeling it. I feel so much better #50 lighter I even started working out more regularly which makes me feel even better, and my wife is now addicted to working out which is great.

Sorry to go on so long but this is a big deal to me, I LOVE food and cooking. I always thought you live to eat, not eat to live. Food is way more than just fuel, it has to be considering it can taste so good and can be prepared in unlimited ways.

Your doing great, keep up the good work. [;)]

Well I have been cooking differently for months now, we started a diet so I don't cook like I did in the past. It's more like just a change in what we eat and how often. It's alot of vegetables and less carbs and leaner meats.

I have been smoking and grilling alot of the meat, mostly because I love smoked meats and the flavors it adds. I also like experimenting with different seasonings for marinating, mostly for skinless chicken. I put it in gallon zip lock bags marinating in the frig for a few days before cooking or smoking. I say experimenting because in the past I never made any notes of what seasoning I was trying, only in the last week or so I started somewhat keeping track of ingredients so if i find something really good I can repeat it. I always do this with chicken because it is really hard to get flavor into the chicken even with injecting it was tough, but marinating helps.

I have to say the change is working, we both lost weight and feel better and the food is just as good so it has been great.

This is the first time I have ever tried eating like this or any kind of diet, but as I got older 54 now, I had to do something I was #280 and even at 6'3" I was feeling it. I feel so much better #50 lighter I even started working out more regularly which makes me feel even better, and my wife is now addicted to working out which is great.

Sorry to go on so long but this is a big deal to me, I LOVE food and cooking. I always thought you live to eat, not eat to live. Food is way more than just fuel, it has to be considering it can taste so good and can be prepared in unlimited ways.

Your doing great, keep up the good work. Wink

dtel, You are right on the target with your approach and attitude in regarding to eating. It is also very helpful to have a dieting/exercise partner to go along on the ride to better health. Great Going!

• Moderators

It is also very helpful to have a dieting/exercise partner to go along on the ride to better health.

Your right, she started it before me and needing to do something I joined in a couple of weeks later because It looked like something I could do. We both are doing great and feel better, I started it for the weight and my biggest surprise was how much better I was feeling. It only took a couple of weeks and I started feeling better and with more energy, it was just the change in diet because at that point I only lost a couple of pounds.

I wish now I would have listened many years ago, now if I could just change some of my other bad habits. [:$]