Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Here then, is our Pad Thai dish closeup. Served in actual Thai made plates (Boxx, I know these are one of your favorites [;)] )

The crispy tofu, softness of the rice pasta along with the veggies topped with crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro.....NICE [Y]

post-23544-13819690130118_thumb.jpg

Chris decided on a quick put together dessert. What could be easier? From Whole Foods, a very fine Madagascar Vanilla and Bourbon Gelato ! Yummm [:D]

Thanks for checking in on tonight's dinner offering.

So, I say to you, get inspired, get cookin' and take lots of photos !

See you in the kitchen [;)]

..........Gary

post-23544-13819690142552_thumb.jpg

Hey Gary... Another set of great pictures... As always, I appreciate enjoying each one.

No pictures yet, but, I did build a raised Lettuce/Spinach/etc... bed this past weekend. It is 1/2 planted and I'll finish that task this weekend. I'll post photo's later....

Hey there Boxx..... Good to see you here, glad you liked the Pad Thai presentation [;)] and I look forward to seeing your lettuce project photos when you get a chance to send them along...

......Gary

As mentioned yesterday.... I have started a raised garden for this spring garden season.... This was an easy project.

I just took these pictures. It is getting dark here and it has been raining, on and off, all day.

DSC_0219.jpg?t=1331254340

Gary,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful culinary presentations! You are quite a talented photographer, and a damn good chef, because that is THE first time a picture of tofu has made my mouth water.

Although not as fancy as what you do, I like to cook as well. I cook at my soup kitchen and from time to time around the house. The wife is the real cook here. For the past couple of mornings I got up early and prepared buckwheat pancakes for the family. I buy my buckwheat flour from Hazelton Mills, WV. They are raised overnight for that yeasty aroma, and baked on a pre-heated iron griddle. They are a family favorite.

Flour.jpg

It can be purchased in season from about October through December, and there is no better buckwheat anywhere. http://www.prestoncounty.com/pcshopping.htm

I wish I had taken some pictures of them this morning. Suffice it to say, they were gobbled up and helped us all start the day with a smile. [:)]

Gary,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful culinary presentations! You are quite a talented photographer, and a *** good chef, because that is THE first time a picture of tofu has made my mouth water.

Although not as fancy as what you do, I like to cook as well. I cook at my soup kitchen and from time to time around the house. The wife is the real cook here. For the past couple of mornings I got up early and prepared buckwheat pancakes for the family. I buy my buckwheat flour from Hazelton Mills, WV. They are raised overnight for that yeasty aroma, and baked on a pre-heated iron griddle. They are a family favorite.

Flour.jpg

It can be purchased in season from about October through December, and there is no better buckwheat anywhere. http://www.prestoncounty.com/pcshopping.htm

I wish I had taken some pictures of them this morning. Suffice it to say, they were gobbled up and helped us all start the day with a smile. Smile

We are pancake eaters here.... Thanks for the link... Sadly, I'll have to wait until next fall to order some...

Gary,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful culinary presentations! You are quite a talented photographer, and a *** good chef, because that is THE first time a picture of tofu has made my mouth water.

I wish I had taken some pictures of them this morning. Suffice it to say, they were gobbled up and helped us all start the day with a smile. Smile

We are pancake eaters here.... Thanks for the link... Sadly, I'll have to wait until next fall to order some...

The recipe I use is right on the bag... I put a little butter on the griddle right before dipping the batter on. That makes for crispy edges. I cook until they are deep brown, as I don't like the texture of light brown buckwheats.

Gary,

The recipe I use is right on the bag... I put a little butter on the griddle right before dipping the batter on. That makes for crispy edges. I cook until they are deep brown, as I don't like the texture of light brown buckwheats.

Sounds good to me... I'll do it exactly the same way... Who in the house does not want pancakes in the morning..... lol..

First off, let me say thanks to you Boxx for taking the time to show us your late winter garden project. Amazing you have these things growing at this time ! Sure looks good, and yes, should be easier on your back as well [;)] (hope the neighbors didn't mind all that camera flashing)

Mustang, good to see you, and thanks for stopping by Fine Food!, your compliments are very much appreciated. Thanks for the tip on the buckwheat mix! PLEASE send some photos showing them in the process and also the plating, that would be fun [:)]

So, as I always say, get inspired, get cookin' and take lots of photos [Y]

See you in the kitchen!

...........Gary