Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Here is a VERY closeup shot of the ever present Italian (broad leaf) parsley which we pretty much use in every dish just before it hits the table, UNLESS, Cilantro is needed to complete a peticular cuisine [;)]

post-23544-13819711395496_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819734107766_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819764067968_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819790873798_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of my plate.... I must say, for my first go at this simple dish, it was very delicious...........Chris concured, but then again, he was instructing me from his study [:D]

Hope you enjoyed this MID WEEK foodie tour...

Who's next ?

Until next time............. Get inspired, get cooking and take those great photos [H]

.........Gary

post-23544-13819711397316_thumb.jpg

post-23544-1381973410988_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819764070128_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819790875808_thumb.jpg

Hello fellow Food lovers! Looking back on the Motzo soup, and it sure looks good in retrospect [:)] But now, its time for TONIGHT's dinner. Just a limited amount of photos to offer for this dish...

Let us start with the fresh-organic asparagus and shrimp/scollop cakes from Whole Foods.

The saute first... 6 fresh cloves of garlic, chopped...........add sea salt, XVOO and a medium/high heat....

post-23544-13819711535154_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819734247836_thumb.jpg

post-23544-1381976420992_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819791008678_thumb.jpg

Hey Gary,

I have just finished going through your Wednesday and Saturday evening postings... All I can say is outstanding. The soup looked wonderful (no garlic, hum). I'll bet it tasted great.

I getting ready to take out some cheese for later.

It's been a work day here at the house and "cold" beer has been the beverage of choice. Time to switch over to some wine as evening approaches. More later, Boxx..

Thank you Boxx for stopping by and looking around the postings [:)] I had a good time putting them together (Chris makes the purchases for these two...)

Great on switching over to VINO later in the evening..... [:)]

See you again here, soon [:D]

.........Gary

We are finally getting some, much needed rain. We will be watching the asparagus patch, it's really amazing how fast they come up. 6" in a day is not unusual. Was a cold rainy day so we didn't take any pictures, but we made a nice eggplant parm. We have found if you dredge the eggplant in fine grated parm (instead of flour) and really give it a great cheesyness. Then we layer it with suace and cheese and bake.

Hello Brac, Boxx and friends! Ok Brac on your dish (not shown [:'(] )... All the cheese sounds great, but I am watching my 'numbers' so I really watch how we cook with it. Chris will keep it light in the risotto dishes and things like that, but every once in a while a good cheese in the nosh with olives and VINO tastes great [;)]

NEWS !!! We are converting to GAS in the kitchen ! I bought a new GE - FIVE burner, stainless steel range with CONVECTION oven. We have a plumber coming this morning to look at the gas line again. He put in the hard line to our deck for the natural gas grill... Keep you all informed.

OH, and then another call to my contractor to see about installing that nice hood and 1300 CFM roof top blower that have been in CRATES in the garage for a couple years! I have not even opened the crates to take a look yet.. Well, lets not rush into it or anything [;)]

Thats the latest... More to come...

........Gary

Thank YOU Brac! I will have photos of the new range and hood when all gets installed... Funny comment on the electric [;)] Believe it or not, I almost settled for an electric cook top ! But, Chris kept on me about GAS is the only way to really cook... So, there it is [:D] Keep you all informed as it goes...

MEANWHILE, another great dinner put together this evening from Whole Foods 'components'...........coming up NEXT !

..............Gary