Fine Food and Music

Boxx

I wrapped that saute pan in TWO bath towels, as it was going to be about an hour and a half before it got served across town later....

BUT, shown here, we arrived at the dinner, and I could not help sharing a photo of my sister who is a professional flower arranger. She did these up for the TWO luxuriously set dinning tables....

So, here's SIS with the arrangements to Thanksgiving 2012 [Y]

post-23544-13819824725982_thumb.jpg

I wanted to share more photos with you all.............this home is very fine indeed and there were 22 of us ! Our hosts have done a great job with the tables as always every year... FINE Waterford crystal throughout! This one is the MAIN table with my sister's arrangement...

post-23544-13819824726902_thumb.jpg

The center island in the large kitchen is now all setup with the dishes each guest brought. You can see in the lower right, the risoto dish and the optional cheese and parsley in bowls just beside it... Note the ham and other tasty offerings..... [:)]

post-23544-13819824729356_thumb.jpg

Ahhhh, the dessert table........ there were some nice homemade items and great stuff from Whole Foods as well..........wonderful [;)] Oh yeah, and another large stack of those nice gold rimmed plates [H]

Those yellow tags by each dessert tell which is which...

post-23544-13819824733396_thumb.jpg

Some afterdinner entertainment by guests and hosts. Eight hands at these two grand pianos did up a rousing version of Sousa's Stars and Stripes! It was very impressive hearing these four musicians SIGHT READ on the spot !

post-23544-13819824734266_thumb.jpg

And finally, I decided to take a photo of all THREE grand pianos!

There have been occasions where they were ALL in use at the same time... The house was built specifically for the weight of these pianos in this large music room. I took a look downstairs to find STEEL I BEAMS in rows under the floor with extra columns.

Well, there you have it fellow food lovers. This is how we spend our Thankgiving each year, and the guest list varies each season.... Christmas is here at my place, but for a much smaller group... Hope you enjoyed the 'holiday foodie tour'

........Gary

post-23544-13819824735506_thumb.jpg

Simply outstanding photo's Gary.

I am certain that everyone had a wonderful time.

Your food prep shots were very well done, as always. I'll bet you are really enjoying your new range. It is a really nice unit.

Thanks for posting such a variety of shots.