Good Customer Service Story

Rick

Recently one of the shelves on my 7 month old VTI audio rack was starting to get some "bubbling" of the finish on the front edge. On Tuesday I decided to see what they would do for me...

I didn't have any paperwork to indicate anything about a warranty, nor could I find any warranty info on their website. So I emailed their customer service and explained the issue. The same day they responded. The customer service representative said they have never had a complaint of this happening in 10 years of selling this particular product line. So they asked me if I could take a couple of photos and send it to them...

On Wednesday I took the photos and emailed them to VTI. That afternoon I got a response saying they would forward the photos to their factory for them to look at and try to determine what caused this...

On Thursday I got an email from the same gentleman, and he said the factory said it was a manufacturing defect. He said to give them my shipping info and they'd send a replacement shelf out to me right away. I purchased the rack from Racks and Stands.com, and VTI didn't even ask for a copy of the receipt...

Needless to say, I am very pleased with VTI's customer service (and their products)!! [Y]

Rick, It is always good to hear a positive story about someone trying to make things right...

Yes, all too often some companies customer service leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately...
I had a roller break on a desk chair that I had been using for about a year. I called the customer service department and within a week they sent me a whole new set of rollers (6). I was hoping to get one, but six, that was nice.

Rick, It is always good to hear a positive story about someone trying to make things right...

Yes, all too often some companies customer service leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately...
I had a roller break on a desk chair that I had been using for about a year. I called the customer service department and within a week they sent me a whole new set of rollers (6). I was hoping to get one, but six, that was nice.

Speaking of desk chairs, I'm not too happy with the one I have. I purchased it at Staples about 10 months ago, it was on sale for like $69 (normally around $129). There was a lot more padding on the back than on the bottom where you sit, and it is already pretty much completely compressed and it is hard as a rock to sit on. I have to use a pillow on it, even then it is uncomfortable after awhile. I thought about going there to see if they'll replace it, but I have my doubts...

Speaking of desk chairs, I'm not too happy with the one I have. I purchased it at Staples about 10 months ago, it was on sale for like $69 (normally around $129). There was a lot more padding on the back than on the bottom where you sit, and it is already pretty much completely compressed and it is hard as a rock to sit on. I have to use a pillow on it, even then it is uncomfortable after awhile. I thought about going there to see if they'll replace it, but I have my doubts...

It may be worth the try... You never know..

It may be worth the try... You never know..

You are right, and I should be inspired to do so by my luck with VTI...

Companies often miss out on how much good will they can cultivate by good customer service. For one home I'd purchased and installed some very costly window coverings. This included 2 glass door fixtures. Well someone broke one of those little plastic retention clips that keeps the bottom of those longer shades held to the door frame. Not the companies fault and I expected to pay something to replace them. $10.00 each was a little abusive. Fast forward to the home I live in now. The window coverings had been purchased years before I bought the house and it has no less than 7 such door fixtures...... and I have dogs. For starts these retention clips were sturdier. But eventually a few had broken. I called the manufacturer and they sent me 25 clips FOR FREE. No receipt needed. No cost for shipping. And of course I can't recall who they are off the top of my head. But I will get that name when I need to purchase new blinds of any sort.

I recently picked up an awesome Revel B15 subwoofer that has an onboard 3 band parametric EQ. It came with an installation CD with test tones and other install directions.

When I got home and started googling the Revel B15 subwoofer EQ setup, I realized I needed the Low Frequency Optimizer software for my computer to tie it all together and proceed with EQ'ing. I went to the Revel website(Harman) and emailed customer support a request to buy the software or have them send me the PDF so I could install it on my computer. Within 12 hours, CSR Jason emailed me the PDF with no strings attached and asked if there is anything else he could do for me. I bought this sub second hand from Stereotypes in Daytona(Revel authorized deler) with no receipt and only a handshake. I was surprised Jason(Revel rep) did not ask for receipt or serial number. I was not even a direct customer of Revel and they took care of me.

Bill

On the desk chair front of good customer service. Due to my ankylosing spondylitis I have a high back desk chair with neck support at home, a demo with black leather and executive mechenism with knew tilt and racheting adjustable back. For work I got one made with boring blue farbic and more of a task chair - more adjustments but the back adjustment is just a clamp. After having both chairs about 12 to 13 years a couple of years ago I lean back to take a drink of my diet soda and the back breaks, snaps in two on the chair at work. The Thera Pod Equation model made by All Seating of Canada.

There were two holes in the heavy steel back support one neer the bottom and one 6 inches or so higher. These had a small plasitc peg inserted so you coudn't pull the back out or it drop too low which is where the back broke.

Well I was leaning back when the back snapped in half below the back support and I landed on the back support flat on my back on the floor. No harm done really as the Therapd back is very supportive and being high kept my head from bashing into the carpeted concrete floor. I was however kind of stuck as my calvers were now on the seat of the chair and my feeet I think bent kind of straight pinned to the bottom of my keyboard tray.

Apparently this was quite loud as quite a few coworkers came running. "Are you OK?!? "What do you think? Oh, you mean about the chair. everything still works and no new aches and pains but I did have to lift my butt up a bit to get my feet unstuck. And of course nobody took a picture. Somehow, though I splashed quite a bit of my diet soda on myself I held onto the can and "saved" most of it.

The warrantly today for the fame type components for All Seating chairs is lifetime. But was only 10 years when the chair was purchased. I think gas cylenders maybe 5 years or maybe also 10. Of course now 2 years later the gas cylinder still stays up, and goes down gently but needs help going up. So I need to contact them again.

Anyway I send them an email with copy of receipt and pictures of the failed part of the chair and they replaced the back, even found the same fabric in their warehouse. So the new back arrived in a big box, with the steel naturally poking thorugh the box, however, it was well wrapped so no harm done though I did suggest a better way to ship. A longer flatter box would be better as was diagonal in a square box and put the steel back support in thick stryrofoam.

The only drawback is they don't make the Equation back anymore so sent a Therapist high back....

Therapod_TherapistHighback.jpg

therapod_detail.jpg

therapod_straps_back_5.jpg

The front side has plastic / resin fingers that can be adjusted by the heavy duty velcro straps. Still gripped good in original chair but the Therapist extra high back while still high enough (though this picture from the back looks to be high and maybe some extra high,, goes high enough to be behind the neck and head, it's kind of flat there. The Equation model had one or two smaller straps and stuck out but fit my neck perfectly so I could lean my head back into it and get good neck support. The Therapist and the also have a standard extra high back are too flat. The Equation looks crazy, and like it would only wook for a given height but works very well for me at 6' 1" or soe - back raised higher and my wife at 5" 3" or so with back lower. I need to get a neck pillow and strep onto the current chair. I kept the old back so maybe I need to write them to see if the Therapod parts could be replace onto the new steel? Would I think have to rip apart the upholstery and resew but maybe not.

I'll have to find a picture of the Equation back to explain it.

I was hoping they'd fix the chair but it was out of warranty. The new back support only has one hole in the back. At the bottom. So probably drilled too hot and cracked the original. So I suppose very happy I landed on soft chair back. But wtill thought the customer service was very good. Crazy good would've been to build or find an Equation back but they haven't made those in years unfortunately.

BodyGard truck bed liner.

These are the single piece drop in bed liners. I'm not so sure I lke the spary on as they usually rough up the paint before spraying on so in a new truck I'd think would void the paint warranty?

Our 1996 extended cab Dodge Dakota came with a bed liner when we bought it used in 1998. Quite a few miles. Hole in the roof where it probably had a light and a microphone mount so maybe had been a county highway or other such truck? Rubber cork plugs up the hole in the roof.

The BodyGard held in place by 6 clamps so no holes drilled in the bed. Not quite true, I think 2 or 4 screws in the floor. Anyway, I replaced the screws with eye bolts and used to tie down cargo. Not much usually, primarily hold in lawnmower gas can or just to keep load of recyclelables from flying out.

I bought a HUGE SteelCase corner desk when they closed down one fo the office of the company I word(ed) for (since swallwoed up by even huger company). It took all afternoon to dissasemble this crazy thing and load into the back of the Dakota. Used these to hold it in and broke a couple of the clamps. So just put hooks of tie down straps (nylon with rachet) under bed rail.

So years later, I finally take one of the 4 that were still intact out to go try to find a replacement. No luck. Not even online. As I started this process my wife was drving down the highway and with 2 of the 3 clamps off of the drivers side I think the wind got under the bed liner on the interstate and tried to tear / throw it out. We had a heavy role of paper in the back of the cab and bungie coreded the liner to the body, across the outside down to the frame.

So I research DuraGard and find that it was made by Durakon. But Durakon acquired several years ago by Penda corporation who still make the same type of bed liners maybe as Duraliner one of the Durkon brands (also produced Allstar) There now is also Penda?????

So I email Penda Corporation customer support explaining I need a couple of these round clamp like devices and received a prompt email from Corinne, AFM Sr. Custome Service Rep who asks for my shipping address and sends me out a kit. 6 brand new clamps. naturally I go get 6 eye bolts. Still use em to bungy in gas cans, etc, Just don't ratchet much.

Only problem is these are just a bit too big and I recevied these this past fall. And with 4 clamps, the 2 middle out and a bunch of sand bags in the back, the liner has stayed put. I will email soon and ask if best to saw out with small keyhole kind of saw or just get a proper sized hole saw, aligning so top is even. Who knows, maybe they'll send me a smaller size but will need to take the liner out to saw the holes when I found it also had 4 screws holding to the bed. A couple pretty much torn through with the highway incident.

So if you want a single piece drop in bed liner get onw made by the Penda corporation.

Klipsch customer support has always been very good when I've called and 2 instances way beyond expectations.

The first, I bought a pair of "like new mint" Pro-Media 2.1. Suppposedly the seller's best friends and worked perfectly just before sending out. (Note to self, reading the add at a normal time, not 2 or 3 am when overly tired, I wouldn't not have boughten anytning from this idiot, I think some of the sordided details somewhere.) A good if a bit expensive lessen. With eacy email to this arsehole he kept accusing me of more things and telling yet more lies.

Anyway I receive these and notice a peculiar smoky order I can't quite place. No speaker cables. I was accused of lying by the seller.

Anyway I called Klipsch support to verify 1/8" jack as I had similar cables. Explaining I bought these on eBay. Sent me a set of cables no charge. Seemed crazy when I bought used. So after receiving cables only tweets and subwoofer works. Support assisted over the phone to check out the control pod. It was fine and headphone amp seemed very good. So order new bass drivers. Hook it all up. HHHHHHUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM poof. Power offf. The amplifier has a hum issue. The smell when they arrived. Toasted voice coil. So I call support again and order 2 more bass drivers and a new amplifier as with shipping back for repair the new amplifier probalby less then getting repaired kindly pointed out by Steve.

Still need to put back together but should be as good as new. Will probably have full retail, maybe a pair of bass drivers more ($18 shipped) by the time I'm done. And after this started, saw new on sale locally $99 at HH Gregg. Klipsch auctioned off wite with blue lights Star Wars special edition. Probably could've gotten a set of those for about $100. Doh! But besides the good lesson, I did get to experience very good customer support people. The 1st crazy good sending out free speaker cables.

I also had my Image X10 replaced due to splitting strain reliefe, right when 2 years was up. Sent 'em back, bot new in a plain box of course right away.

2nd Insane Beyond Expectations Klipsch Customer Service Story

I won a pair of "used" CA-5T speakers from Klipsch eBay auction. These are the commercial version of I suppose today or recently the AW-500 or AW-525 5" or 5.25" all weather speakers. Commercial version with transformer built in for 70 volt and 100 volt (?) business music systems applications and a setting to bypass for normall use. Got them for a song. "Used" in that the boxes were kind of faced. May have been opened and retaped and looked brand new. All paperwork and even the little plugs to plug up the access to set the transformer intact. If refurbished other than the box as new.

So I get these in the winter, have them delivered to work. Co-worked called and said their's a HUGE package at your desk. I didn't have anything HUGE. Pretty compact box.

So I tested them out in the garage a bit bet left Advent Marbl in place in garage that the CA-5T are to replace. Advent Marbl's did a great job. Got 3 pair for a song at an online auction. They were much better sounding to me, and I think to my neighbor, than his $400 / pair (rhymes with hose) outdoor speakers. Of course I think they were powered with (rhymes with hose) amplifier. The Marbls driven by 2 channels (180wpc/8ohms 2 channels driven) of a 5x125 Carver THX amplifier. Bwuhahahahaha.

Anyway. Trying out the CA-5T they sounded great. So one day I get them out to hook up again and had one sitting on top of box deciding I might as well hook up and use in garage until spring. The box was sitting on top of workbench. Doh! about 4' onto concrete. Dinged the grill up pretty good. But still sounded fine. To begin with. Then not so fine. So I open it up. The transformer had come lose. The cast resin or plastic basket was cracked on the woofer but everything lined up. So plastic epoxied it all back together and it worked fine in the garage though didn't get much use. Out in the hot sun out by our vinyl 'n steel pond, however, was a different story. It worked fine for a while but eventually the plastic epoxy gave out and ugh.

So I call Klipsch parts. Order new driver. Backorded but I'm 3rd in line of 25 on order so thnking ok.... A few weeks later I get a call from the customer support. Can no longer get the driver. Said how about if we ship you a label to ship them pack and we'll ship you some AW 525? Then called later and shipped my the AW-525's and then said would worry about shipping back the defective CA-5T's. Which reminds me what should I do with them. I suspect they may want to review the cracked wooofer basket or something. I'll have to find one of the emails and find out.

I've been reluctant to post as I bought used. Outside the 90 day warranty when I broke it. And yes disappointed I coujldn't buy a replacement driver. I think for warranty somebody said it's more cost effective just to replace the complete speaker. But sending me a whole new set of speakers was insane. Now the box did like a bit faded like it had sat in the warehouse and maybe were returned so couldn't be sold as new, but like the original CA-5T if not new, you couldn't tell from the inside.

Reluctant to pose as I don't want to raise people's expectations crazy high.... but I've been VERY PLEASED with Klipsch support. 2nd to none in my experience and I've had a couple of good experiences.

[8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

(so Amy / Trey / Alex, if you really do exist - please delete if you really don't want the world knowing this lol)

And yeah, it should be able to handle a few feet drop but it was may fault. But really glad I'm back in business musically speaking. The AW-525's are white so better suited for out in the sun exposed to the elements. Won't get as hot internally. And a much bigger (longer) box... but still not HUGE lol.

Boxx,

You might want to consider going to a used office supply store. We picked up some SteelCase chairs uber cheap before. Looked like new, built like tanks and very comfy. Depends on the stock on hand, but they are a great brand, and I'm sure stores would carry others as well.

Bruce

Boxx,

You might want to consider going to a used office supply store. We picked up some SteelCase chairs uber cheap before. Looked like new, built like tanks and very comfy. Depends on the stock on hand, but they are a great brand, and I'm sure stores would carry others as well.

Bruce

The real estate division of the HUGE corporate I work for (F 100) cancelled leas on top floor of building we rent here in Kokotucky. Left (ancient SteelCase) desks, chairs etc. Even auctioned off a few chairs and desks, filing cabinets etc I think for petty office cash as new company no longer pays for office supplies etc.

Building owner hired a gentleman to get rid of said old cubicles, chairs, tables etd. Acutally I think he bought it all. Notified a few other businesses in town. Good solid desk chairs. $4 or $7 apiece. Small work tables $5. Large work tables $10. Trashcans free with purhcase or just grab a handfull on your way out. Cubicle walls I think scrapped. I spent $91 I think for 2 small round and one large round table and my Dakota piled full of chairs. Actually I think I may have made two trips. Tables and 5 or 6 desk chairs to daughter, and I already from previous sales had 3 or 4 at home from ergonomic to whatever. Not really pretty. Most at least 15 years old. Gave our pastor choice to replace his broken desk chair and a couple of church. Our daugheter gave our neighbor (like a son to us, younger but bigger brother to both girls) an ergonomic chair I think for his desk at college. I could have. Like a twenty-something get's all the credit for Dad's spedning frenzy. And it was. At least one credit union in town I think bought at least 10 not real pretty but built like a tank desk chairs. People in the office were buying 'em up. I bought a horizontal file cabinet for daughter ... I have one just like it but drawers stick. No keys. Steelcase built like a tank. I think I could jump on top of ours without breaking it. That one sat in the office for 2 to 4 weeks as I went on vacation shortly after purchasing, and better to load with help, though with the help of an orphaned power cord I did figure out how to get on hand truck by myself....

So what kind of desk chair you need? You will have to pick up. I have no more than $7 in any spares I have. Would you like to seem some pictures? BS's office furniture store is open for business. I also have a large horizontal filing cabinet I realized I don't have room for that's been sitting on our front porch.. Yep. Obscenely heave Steelcase. I have $30 in that but will haul it to loft in garage, if it will fit up stairs when it warms up as we can use the filing space..... We have a small house. But it appears to be occupied by trailer trash. [:$]

Our daughter uses at least 2 or 3 of the chairs as kitchen chairs the rest in garage with large table for card / beer pong table, the small ones as places to set beer. I think now buried under stuff no room for in house so I could probably sell a small table they'd not miss for months or not be sure they lost. lol