Klipsch Gallery Owners Thread

johnnydrama

Hey jd, any chance you did any sort of comparison with your RS 42s versus the G-28 rears? If not, and I know audio memory is deceiving, what are your thoughts on the differences/similarities.

Reason I ask, I just but some RS 52s I was planning on using with G-28s up front but am now seconding guessing mixing the lines.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

From the way you explained why you chose the Gallery, I would guess that is exactly why they were designed like they are. Your situation with the room space and need for speakers off the floor is the perfect setup for the Gallery.

[Y]

Hey jd, any chance you did any sort of comparison with your RS 42s versus the G-28 rears? If not, and I know audio memory is deceiving, what are your thoughts on the differences/similarities.

Reason I ask, I just but some RS 52s I was planning on using with G-28s up front but am now seconding guessing mixing the lines.

As I stated earlier in a previous post I am a believer in keeping all speakers from the same line. I would agree that its less important for your surrounds to match but I would still never do it. I think you can mix the rs-52s with a gallery front sound stage but just a warning if you haven't seen one in person yet... the rs-52 is a very large speaker. I can tell you that the surround experience I get from my gallery speaker is different than what my rs-42 produced. I think that the rs-52 may overpower your gallery's a bit and you don't want that... surrounds are supposed to add to the front sound stage... not be the main attraction.

Thanks johnny.

I like the part where you said "I think you can mix the rs-52s with a gallery front sound stage".

I'm not worried about the 52s size, I think I can place them and get wife approval.

When you said this: "I think that the rs-52 may overpower your gallery's a bit and you don't want that... surrounds are supposed to add to the front sound stage... not be the main attraction.", you made me nervous though. Hopefully Audyssey MultiEQ XT can work some magic.

I guess my plan is to get 3 G-28s and try them with the 52s. If I don't like it, I'll try the G-16s, if I don't like that I'll get 2 more 28s.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of an update on these, I did exchange my G-28 surrounds for a set of G-16s. Got the exact same results when I ran audyssey 50 hz so the output is very similar with the 16s. If you aren't familar the G-28s have 6 drivers but only 2 are active the other 4 are passive and the G-16s have just the 2 active drivers dropping the 4 passive. I switched these out for 3 reasons; to save some more money, I knew the output would be similar if not the same so I wouldn't be compromising any performance, and because the G-28s didn't quit work in one of my corners due to the length of the speaker and a floor standing lamp we have in that corner so the 16s fit better. Still very happy with this system and everyone who has been over has complemented them.

As the saying goes.... this thread is worthless without pictures!!! Really, the comments have been great, but I would love to see these IN ROOM.

Thanks! I am sure my wife would love to see something like these in the houe compared to the LaScalas. Maybe we just need a bigger palce so the speakers look smaller.

Bruce

As the saying goes.... this thread is worthless without pictures!!! Really, the comments have been great, but I would love to see these IN ROOM.

Thanks! I am sure my wife would love to see something like these in the houe compared to the LaScalas. Maybe we just need a bigger palce so the speakers look smaller.

Bruce

Bruce-

Please reference page 1 of the thread where I posted several pictures. If there is a certain picture of something or angle you are wanting that I didn't post please let me know and I will try and do so. Thanks

Hey Johnny,

Sorry to read that the 62's didnt workout for you. I understand as my HT is small compared to most and most of my speakers dont get exactly the perfect spacing that they should. Could you possibly take a pic of the new surrounds? Im assuming the one pic of a surround on page 1 in this thread is the g-28.

Please reference page 1 of the thread where I posted several pictures...

My bad... I thought I had gone through both pages. I can certainly see how these could fit into more places. For mew to downsize would be to switch to Chorus II, but I know there are always tradeoffs and making everyone happy. [:D]

Bruce

Hey Johnny,

Sorry to read that the 62's didnt workout for you. I understand as my HT is small compared to most and most of my speakers dont get exactly the perfect spacing that they should. Could you possibly take a pic of the new surrounds? Im assuming the one pic of a surround on page 1 in this thread is the g-28.

No problem Jason I just snapped a few pics for you of the G-16s that I'm now using as surrounds. My surround left is the one with the lamp in the picture and where the longer G-28 didn't quit fit properly, so that was the main reason I switched to the G-16s for surrounds. For people who don't already know and are interested Klipsch named these speakers due to their length, for example, the G-28 is 28 inches long and so on for the G-16s and G-12s.

post-53316-1381969127496_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a few months but here are some pics of my transition from RF-25's to G-28's in the living room. The switch was necessary as the lady of the house did not like the size of the 25's and quite honestly neither did I, they just stuck out too much. There is also an Energy ESW-M6 800 Watt Mini Sub (Not pictured) to help pick up where the 28's drop off.

post-52265-13819692257652_thumb.jpg