My New Klipsch Heresy III Speakers

neo33

That's the walnut, it's more of an American Black Walnut. The cherry is darker, not like Reference cherry at all. New Heritage cherry looks almost like a slightly reddish 'older Heritage walnut' to my eye. All are beautiful, but the veneer layer is thin so no banging them about.

That's the walnut, it's more of an American Black Walnut. The cherry is darker, not like Reference cherry at all. New Heritage cherry looks almost like a slightly reddish 'older Heritage walnut' to my eye. All are beautiful, but the veneer layer is thin so no banging them about.

Actually, they are Cherry with a reddish color. Must be from the angle I shot those pictures.

natural light always shows off the natural color of the wood veneers the best. Here are the cherry HIII I once owned, now in Australia.

Mine have a more reddish tint than your. But they look like Walnut in artificial lighting.

While the midranges on my Heresy IIis are better than my Heresy IIs during extended listening, I am just not sure how much better since I am unable to discern enough of a different to reach a conclusion of a markedly better midrange.